Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Do ciggarettes get you higher?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by smoke and chill, Apr 15, 2011.

1. while i was growing up, everyone always said that after smoking weed, if you smoked a cig, you would get higher.

i have never tried this before, but have always wondered.

is this true?

2. You'll get the effects of tobacco and nicotine on top of the effect from cannabis. So technically, yes. It does get you "higher", if you want to think of it like that. Seeing as "being "high"" isn't a set in stone meaning.

3. I don't smoke cigs but from what I hear, there's people that claim that it brings you down quicker. I think it's all a placebo, cigarettes don't affect THC, they might just make u light headed after the high which will make u feel a bit higher maybe? It's definitely not worth it though.

4. yeah, cigs are bad.

5. Well idk about after but if you make a spliff i got the thc high and the head high from the tobacco it was more intense then nomal

6. I wouldn't call it a higher effect. But I realized that smoking a cig after smokin a blunt kinda just mellows you out a little bit. Like if you smoked a twitchy, energetic strain than the cig would simply give you a slightly more relaxed high.

7. My buddy said that one day while we were high. Talking about how the cigarette high boosts his regular high. I then told him..."N-no man. think about itttt, the BUD increases the nicotine high."

He looked at me like o_o, and we kept smoking.

8. Im addicted to fuckin cigs i wish more ppl on here would warn new people to stay away from them, i know they do but it should be like a sticky

9. Really? You don't already think there's enough warnings to stay away from them? If people don't, by now, that cigarettes are bad, then they're either really slow, or they live in a box. I'm addicted, too, but I'm not going to try to pass the blame to others!

10. Its not that they get you higher per say, but you get that headrush from the cig and the mellowish body high combined with your highness, and it just feels so great. give it a try man, its pretty legit

11. anyone with half a brain knows cigs are addicting and bad for you

12. Thc and nicotine have opposing effects so i would say no

13. while thc and nicotine have different effects, inhaled smoke is universally a "vasoconstrictant" which means it reduces your blood flow. reduced blood flow means less oxygen is carried to your brain through your blood. this effect, in addition to actually inhaling less oxygen(cause the smoke takes up the space of the oxygen) can definitely increase the effects of a high, but much more than slamming your head against a wall or holding your breath for an extended period of time.

i learned this the other day in my wilderness first responder class

14. Getting a blumpking gets u higher bro.

15. smoke american spirit tobacco, or any grown organically, home grown is the best. Its no worse for you than smoking weed, though the nicotine is still addictive, I feel its way less without all the chemicals tobacco companies put in their ciggs.

16. the thing about organic tobacco is
    the fda doesnt regulate the production of any commercial tobacco because it's not being "consumed" by people

so JR reynolds and friends grow their crops on RADIOACTIVE LAND

one of the main reasons tobacco causes cancer IMO