Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Do cigarette smokers burp up smoke?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by RVD420RVD, Nov 4, 2012.

1. I know weed does it, but have never really seen or heard of it happening because of cigarettes.

2. You only burp up smoke when you swallow it, as far as I know.
    I would hope when someone smokes a cigarette they don't swallow the smoke.

3. The reason you don't see cigarette smokers do this is because theres no reason for them trying to take a massive hit. When you're smoking marijuana, especially in groups, everyone seems to try and inhale to their lung capacity. Whilst doing so, people tend to swallow that smoke from the intense irritation the smoke is causing to the throat. Smoking a cigarette is more laxed, especially since each one is less than 25 cents depending on the pack. So nobody's trying to go HAM on some fucking cancer.

4. [quote name='"RVD420RVD"']I know weed does it, but have never really seen or heard of it happening because of cigarettes.[/quote]

If you burp a few seconds after but never have any longer

5. Well you only burp smoke if you swallow it... So if you swallow cigarette smoke, yes, you will burp it up.

6. [quote name='"just1morebowl"']The reason you don't see cigarette smokers do this is because theres no reason for them trying to take a massive hit. When you're smoking marijuana, especially in groups, everyone seems to try and inhale to their lung capacity. Whilst doing so, people tend to swallow that smoke from the intense irritation the smoke is causing to the throat. Smoking a cigarette is more laxed, especially since each one is less than 25 cents depending on the pack. So nobody's trying to go HAM on some fucking cancer.[/quote]

Ahh Ok, that makes sense. Thanks man.

7. I don't think I've ever burped smoke, marijuana or cigarette.

8. [quote name='"thedevilsreject"']I don't think I've ever burped smoke, marijuana or cigarette.[/quote]

It's pretty uncomfortable.

9. [quote name='"DrSheldonCooper"']

It's pretty uncomfortable.[/quote]

Only in public. At home, it makes me feel like a dragon :)

10. [quote name='"thedevilsreject"']I don't think I've ever burped smoke, marijuana or cigarette.[/quote]

Really? It's a pretty common occurrence actually.

11. I've been smoking for 9 years and it hasn't happened to me. Even if I try to swallow it, and burp, it doesn't work.

I have seen it happen though. it happens. I remember a long time ago in high school we were smoking at the bus stop... and after we got on the bus my buddy burped up a big ol smoke cloud. everyone smelled it and we had to throw our shit out the window because the driver stopped, and got a cop to search everybody.

12. [quote name='"Meatbag"']

I've been smoking for 9 years and it hasn't happened to me. Even if I try to swallow it, and burp, it doesn't work.

I have seen it happen though. it happens. I remember a long time ago in high school we were smoking at the bus stop... and after we got on the bus my buddy burped up a big ol smoke cloud. everyone smelled it and we had to throw our shit out the window because the driver stopped, and got a cop to search everybody.[/quote]

I'm not even sure if I've ever seen it happen. I wonder why it happens to some and not others?

13. Haha that made me laugh, thanks.

14. Yep never happened to me or anyone I know. Been smoking weed for ages.

15. I swallow my hits pretty often :laughing:

though I've never burped up smoke. I would imagine that would be gross with cigarettes

16. I used to smoke cigarettes and I would sometimes burp smoke if I smoked on an empty stomach. So yeah, it happens.

17. I burp smoke all the time. I just recently started smoking cigarettes when I turned 18 in February but I've been smoking bud for 4 years now and I've always burped bud smoke.

18. "So nobody's trying to go HAM on some fucking cancer." LMFAO! i love you for that statement.

19. test 1 2

20. couldnt have said it better myself.