Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Do cigarette filters, filter out thc?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by okami, May 26, 2011.

1. This is a question that has bothered me for a long time now and despite the hundreds of threads throughout the internet on various forums, I can't find a conclusive answer. Does anyone know from first hand experience do filters filter out thc? Anyone have any scientific reasoning to back up their answer? My thought would be no, because filters filter out the solid particles of tobacco smoke like tar, if the thc is vapourised during burning and turns into a gas (boiling temperature of thc 150C and burning temperature of tobacco from various sources states at least 500C (in the UK we only smoke spliffs, bud is too pricey for buddhas or blunts)), then I see no reason for it to be filtered unless it condenses by the time it get to the filter.... but then you won't be inhaling it anyway.....

I ask because if weed's been sprayed the filters would filter out fibre glass, or whatever its been sprayed with. If filters do for some reason filter out thc, what about putting a tiny bit of cotton between the roach and the herb your smoking? Surely that wouldn't filter out thc?

• Like Like x 1
  2. yea they do besides filtered joints are for pussys

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  3. THC molecule is bigger than the nicotene molecules, it is trapped by the filter; you will not get high.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  4. It would clog up too fast with resin

• Like Like x 1
  5. I've smoked a joint made with a camel crush filter to make menthol weed and it worked. It definitely got me high and it tasted like menthol hahahaha

• Like Like x 1
  6. It gets some of it... you'll definitely still get high though ignore these fools.

Try not buying weed with fiberglass in it in the first place

• Like Like x 1
  7. This is the only kind of filter you should be using in a joint.
    [​IMG]

Heres a video...
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZowIiP9nTpU]YouTube - ‪How to make a filter‬‏[/ame]

8. False. I've done it tons of times when I needed to smoke outside and had no papers. They do filter out some cannabinoids. But not enough to notice.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Like Gutteral just said, they do filter out THC but not all of it...
    Watch out for filters that have activated carbon bits in them, because activated carbon will filter out some THC due to its non-polar structure.
    I could be wrong though it could be the opposite hahaha

• Like Like x 1
  10. Just grow your own weed so you know it won't be sprayed and use cardboard filters so you get all the good stuff out of it.

11. Any reasoning as to why it gets some of it but not all of it? Also being called IshikawasBeard is for pussys. As is dying early and fucking up your lungs.

12. That has been my experience as well. I've never done it on a regular basis but I had room mate that had a cigarette rolling machine and i ran out of papers and stuffed some weed into the cigarette tube with the machine and we all got high as shit. I'm sure some THC is filtered out but enough that you notice, and all though it hits smooth, I didn't like the filtered taste. It gets more of the terpenes than anything else, so I personally haven't done it more than a few times. My buddy Randy swears by it though.

13. Just the same as you lungs absorb some of the THC in the smoke, but not all of it. The filters don't catch all of the tar from tobacco either, they just get some of it but they make the tobacco hits less harsh more than anything. Have you ever smoked tobacco unfiltered? It is harsh as hell. It does the same thing with weed. I think the filters capture the terpenes more than the THC, so I don't recommend using the filters unless you have no other options or maybe you are just a weird fucker like my buddy Randy and don't mind losing the flavor of the bud.