Do chicks dig poetry?

Discussion in 'General' started by Cornflake, Nov 8, 2005.

1. I've not been doing so great with the ladies recently so I'm resorting to more obscure methods. I can't draw, an interpretive dance might get me lynched and singing hasn't been an option since I hit puberty. I like to call myself a writer (even though no one will publish me) so I've been considering writing a poem.

I only worry that it may come off as completely creepy. The girl I'm gunning for doesn't show up at any of the parties I go to but she's in 3 of my 5 classes. I've talked to her very briefly and she's been giving me some really odd looks. Possibly a card with yes, no, maybe check boxes would be more appropriate; I'm so very mature.

So for all you single ladies out there, would you be freaked out if you got a poem which leads to an invitation for coffee? From someone you don't really know at all? I'm also clearly a total loser, I haven't done anything but veg on my friends couch for the last 4 days.

As much as I love the direct approach. I have a low success rate with it. So I want to do something a bit more extravagent.

PS: I'm not making this a poll, they always seem so redundant. I'd like real answers instead of check boxes.

2. well im a guy, but it really depend on what kind of girl it is. some girls will thinks its really dorky and some might like it. but definately do not do the yes no card thing, jeeze, u might as well not have a yes box. i would keep talking to her to see if she would like a poem or something....just keep trying to talk to her

3. Well, there are very many girls i know that dont like a good poem about them...if you take the time to write one..a good one, that will make her special...give it a try

4. Come on man, if you're a writer write because you like it, not to get chicks.

Plus, I'm sure you can answer this one on your own. Chicks who dig poetry will dig it, chicks who don't, won't.

5. just be a man and ask her out. it's really the only respectable thing to do. writing a poem just to ask a girl out shows that you are insecure. no offense. it might get you a date, but she will probably be less attracted to you.

i think you need to go for the direct approach, only you have to be more confident. if this girl is giving you odd looks, she probably wants sex with you. and why wouldn't she? you're a young man, right around your prime. you're a man, she's a woman.

go get her. she's probably thinking, "is this guy ever gonna ask me out? he's cute!" all you have to do is act like a man, the way you're supposed to act. there's nothing to be ashamed of, even if you get a no.

6. all chicks love poetry thats about them haha. but it has to be good. lol. just be upfront, its your best option. no need to dance around the bush. haha, i said bush. lol. damn bevis and butthead!! haha.

7. just ask the girl out be like "you want to hang out sometime or do something" if she blows you down. who cares. there is over 50,000,000 girls in the world and im pretty sure atleast 50,000 would date you or something just dont be scared.

girls love confidence

8. if she does turn you down, don't let it bother you. just start macking on some other girl around her. then they'll both want you.

i think a lot of guys don't realize that females are attracted to males. cornflake, you are a male. you were meant to have sex with females. they want it. they want your shwantz.

go to.

after you've been with her a while you can write her a poem - one that actually means something. she'd love that.

and just so you know ahead of time: never take a woman's advice on getting women.

9. roses are red, Violets are blue
    I'm pretty horny
    How about you?

thats all you need, it works like a charm every time.

10. Seems to me that writting a poem on a note shows that you have very little confidence and that you're a poetry-writing pussy to boot.

Life isn't a romantic comedy or a Shakespeare play, in general that shit isn't going to do you any good. If anything it's going to hurt you, that would be my guess. But hell, none of us know this girl but you so how are we supposed to know?

11. I took the direct approach in any case. I just couldn't write something that didn't sound completely terrible when I read it back to myself. Didn't get me the girl but now I know, and knowing is half the battle. Just need to hit the bars again I spose :D

12. That could never ever work for me... Sadly. Being open and honest would be so damn easy.

13. for me, that is being open and honest