Do buds look small for day 44 of flowering?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by TeamDOtokin, Oct 18, 2016.

1. I was wondering if these buds look small or underdeveloped for day 44 since white pistils first appeared. Grown in a closet under cfls vegged for 60 days. Buds have a really dank smell to the touch and have quite a few trichomes. [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  2. Nah you lookin good, they really pack on the weight and tighten up right in the last 2-3 weeks.

3. Ok good to hear it's just a low watt cfl grow and it's my first grow so just hoping to finish with no issues and harvest them. I think one might be foxtailing because of slightly higher temps while lights are on though

4. cfls will take longer, can you get access to a jewelers loupe? minimum 30x, 60x is decent, it will pay for itself infinite times over never have to guess and can customize your high!

5. I have something similar to jewelers loupe same concept but not sure of the magnification though. I just thought the buds would've been bigger now. Maybe I'm just used to seeing them so I don't notice much lol here's a couple more pics [​IMG][​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  6. Hopefully you invest in a light soon.

J

• Like Like x 1
  7. For a CFL grow they look pretty good, you're not gonna achieve those big, heavy, resinous, buds you really want, without a stronger light source. But compared to other CFL pics I've seen...you're doing well.

8. Buds are not as thick as filled out as they seem but the Calyces haven't swollen any still tiny with just white hairs it seems but tons of them. Was looking into a 150w or 250w hps for further grows. Any suggestions on lighting hat I could use in a closet without needing a whole lot of ventilation? Closet area is at least 6ft tall 3-4ft wide and 3-4ft deep. One more question. So even if these are not done by week 8 or so I should just continue to let them flower until they show they are ready?

9. Yea, keep them going of they are not ready by week 8. Most like to go between 8-10 weeks. You are looking better than my first cfl grow.

Dont bother to get a 150 watt hps. Just get a 250 with dimmable ballast. How many watts u running with all the cfls?

10. Probably around 180-200 watts of cfl not much at all but it was just an experiment at first then I started taking it pretty seriously and am hoping for the best. did what I could with what I had and it doesn't seem to be turning out half bad. Would the 250 be ok in a closet with minor ventilation?

11. Have been adding more lights as flowering goes on could still use some more lights in the areas that are lacking but it's getting by for now. Probably going to rig together some more lights soon