Do bongs save a lot of weed?

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by CasualSmoker024, Jan 19, 2013.

1. I see people getting stoned off a couple rips from a bong. What I'm wondering though, is are they saving weed just because they take less hits? I know you use more weed per hit when you hit a bong, but since you don't have to hit it a lot does it save you weed, and if so, does it save a lot? Would getting a bong eventually pay itself off in the amount of weed I save using it?

2. the bong will get you generally higher then other pieces because their is such a large volume of smoke in the tube. i say the high is more intense for less time then a joint or a pipe, but i love bongs. if you wanna get even higher, get an oil rig and start dabbin

3. I know they can get you higher quicker, but do they save weed? I'm trying to figure out if it's financially smart to spend some money on a bong. I'm smoking on a tight budget

4. Bongs don't save weed if you want to conserve vape

5. Isn't it pretty expensive for a good vape though? Maybe I'll just stick to my bowl if bongs don't save anything

6. Use grav bongs. 2-3 of them and I'm blown away and the herb used is a lot less.

Buy a vape to conserve weed, there's some cheap ones under 100$ I have a mflb on the way right now

7. Bro they save tree, just get a one hitter bowl and your good to go. Joints pips and blunts don't get you higher, vaporizing is good but you need a good one not the box kind. Volcano is the best vape on the market and the only one that truly works. If you don't have a lot of cash get a small cheap bong and you'll be straight. An 8th of fire last me 3 to 4 days out of the bong.

8. Someone who spends hundreds of dollars on an ounce of plant matter is concerned about the cost for a device that conservatively would cut your consumption in half?

I really, really, really do tire of hearing these lame excuses...:rolleyes:

In general, bongs will get you higher, yes. But the high doesn't seem to last as long as with other devices, so when it comes to "saving" with bongs, that's a tough question to answer, as it all depends on how long YOU want to maintain a bong high. If you've got to keep snapping bowls every 30-45 minutes, then I'd say you're likely not gonna save a damn thing with bongs.

But if you are truly concerned about conservation of weed, then you would vape. There is truly no other method that conserves more efficiently, and you get the added benefit of AVB, which you can either choose to smoke or make edibles out of.

9. If the Volcano was actually the only vape out there that "truly works", then it would be the only vape on the market, and no others would have lasted.

The $99 MFLB works (if you know how to use it), as do many other good vapes (DBV, SSV, Extreme Q, etc.), and there are plenty of people here who can attest to that as proof.

(And yes, I can speak accurately about this because I happen to own many vapes and bongs, including a Volcano.)

10. I don't snap bowls every 20 to 30 min I have a volcano, but I like my bongs better and they do save. But if your smoking dirt or mids then yes your going to be smoking more because the CBD/THC % is low. Shit when I get strains that are in the twenties I hit the bong maybe more than there time a day.

11. Bongs are one of my highest consumption methods. It's not because I rip a lot of bongs in a row, but .2-.3 of a gram I can rip in one hit pretty easily, so you do like three or four between you and a buddy, you just smoked .65-1g when if you put in say a vape or bowl you would of probably stopped around say .3-.65.

The reason being is the vacuum makes bigger hits, its why people love a fucking fat ass bong rip, but it still burns through your stash rather quickly.

12. I'm guessing you haven't hit a vape before? A volcano is not the only vape that works

13. Bro if there was any vap better than a volcano than the vaparroom in sf would have used them. I've tried a lot of vaporizers out there and the volcano is the best.

14. bongs dont really save weed to much but instead of packing bowls, just rip a couple fat snaps and you'll be good, thats what I do ,cause my bowl once it starts roasting and theres no one to pass it too, it just burns up my shit lol

15. Hey, Matt, if you go down this road you're about to be bombarded with people proving you wrong. Volcano is a very, very nice standard, but to say nothing else compares or that you can't use other vapes, is a very uninformed opinion.

How do I know? Because I've used a bunch of different vapes and know for a fact you're wrong.

16. I own 2 bongs and a Q vaporizer. The vape doesn't save me any weed. First, I don't get as ripped on the vap, and when I pack the elbow, I might get 2 bags of good vapor but I'm still not as baked as 1-2 small packs of the bong. I usually don't fill more than 2 bags because the smoke looses taste and potency pretty fast after the second bag. I keep the vaped weed because someday I might use it for butter and when people stop by to smoke without bringing something, I'll load one or two bowls for them then invariably they want more so I give them my vaped weed and tell them to have at it all they want. Some people don't know when to stop especially when they're not buying the weed.

17. Bro I used to go to the vaparroom in SF before it closed its doors,I own a volcano and a stupid box vape. If you got fire your going to smoke less.

18. Trying to compare what a business would use in a specific setting is pointless when talking about the efficiency of vapes.

I wouldn't expect ANY business to offer any kind of vaping service using MFLBs, but that doesn't mean they suck or don't work. One has to use the right tool for the job, and a Volcano is best suited for an environment like the Vapor Room, just like I choose to pull out the Volcano when I'm entertaining more than 2 smokers at a time.

On top of that Volcanos are one of the easiest vapes to maintain. It's no surprise that a business would choose those over other designs, but again, it doesn't mean others are any less efficient or effective.

19. The Extreme Q is my favorite model I've personally owned, but it's definitely not on the better side of conservation. If you want conservation models like the MFLB or Da Buddha help out a lot. You can keep your herb from smoldering in hot glass or a hot trench simply by not putting your whip into the da buddha when your not using it, and the mflb cools down reasonably quickly if you leave it be.

Where as the EQ4.0 you have this 380+ degree glass chamber that is coming in contact with at least 20-30% of the weed ay any given time. So if you combine that with too high of a vaporization temperature and maybe you occasionally don't turn off the fan fast enough, the vapor you're getting is not all going directly to you.

In my Da Buddha I can vape a bowl 6-8 times before it even begins to slightly change color, and as long as it's a really big bowl I'll be high for around 3-4 hours and get about two to three dozen rips.

Don't get me wrong the EQ4.0 is the most versatile vape I've owned, and I love it, but for the true conservationist, there are much better vapes.

20. Well, you're right about the Q using a lot of weed. I do turn off the fan and remove the glass from the heat after the bag fills but I still don't get as high from any vape I've used as a bong. I've used several models including a Volcano and none get me totally ripped. They're easy on the lungs compared to the bong, I'll give them that.