Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Do bongs need a screen

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Macgyversmoker, Mar 1, 2010.

1. I was making a one time use bong fro a water bottle and some bamboo (like the pipe from my other thread except the hole will be on the bottom) and i was wondering if i needed a screen?

2. not if the hole is small enough. if the hole is large enough where bud falls then its time for a screen. the water will get any small ashes that may come through. if its 1 time and u need a quick screen use tinfoil, but i prefer u not.

3. I'd use a screen.

No reason to let anything pull through if you don't have to, right?

4. depends.
    screens keep your bong cleaner, and you wont have to clean it as often
    whereas,
    if you like ripping your bong, and enjoy the satisfaction of poppin that mofo, than screens arent for you

5. I dont understand why people dont use them. Thats like buying cereal and eating a few bowls and then stomping on the rest of it because you like the crunch. I always use a screen, it saves weed, and it costs like 5 cents, or you could get a nice glass one.:D

6. no theres no point,
    if you rip it as hard as you can,
    the ash just drops into the water,
    don't bother with it seriously.

7. the ash also wont get into the water, avoiding making it smell disgusting after 2 hits. the bong will be cleaner and easier to clean as well. Dont Use metal screens though, use the small glass pikes instead hope this helps

8. Have you seen a video of someone doing a bong rip without a screen?
    Near the end of the pull, you can see red embers going into the water. Yes, it does take care of the ash...but it also wastes those burning red embers.

9. yeah it does,
    but if you have a screen,
    you seen those ' red embers' turn into white ash.
    andyou have to clean the screen all the time,

you barely waste any bud.

btw. shweet avatar :D