Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Do bongs actually get you higher?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by uncivilyoshi, Jan 29, 2013.

1. Me and my friends made a shitty water bong out of a smart bottle for a one time use because we were leaving the pipe to be cleaned for a few hours.

Anyway, i don't think i've ever had hits like bong hits before. I felt so much higher and it felt like each hit was punching me in the face. (No pain, just a weird sensation in my head). It was the highest i've been in a while, and i honestly didn't expect it from a shitty water bottle bong.

Why exactly do bongs get you higher, and are there any stealthy ones i could purchase that wouldn't stink too much after use. I've heard about blubbers but i'm not exactly sure. (I know that's kind of unavoidable but i thought i'd ask anyway)

2. It concentrates the weed and shoots in all at once after you clear. You take in more weed at a time, in turn getting higher in a shorter amount of time. :D

3. Yeah, what yosh said! You also don't waste as much smoke/weed so therefore it takes less weed to get you higher, if you see what I mean. :smoke:

4. You know what gets you REALLY high? Vaporizing everclear and breathing that in.

Try it! You'll love it!

5. A good vaporizer can hit you just as hard. It's all about how concentrated/potent the hit is, and how it is typically taken in one lungful.

6. Bigger hits get you higher for sure.

7. I've hit a Cloud before which is the most concentrated/strongest vape you'll find anywhere as it's pretty much mandatory that you vapebong it, and it definitely didn't hit me anywhere near as hard as a bong rip...

8. My whip vape can get me trainwrecked, shaking from being so high. I always filter through a bong :smoking:

9. #9 TheOnlyWombat, Jan 29, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 29, 2013
    The basic principle behind bongs is you burn it all at once, then hit it all at once, thus getting you fuuuuuucked.

Now if you want to get technical, bongs have a fairly bad THC to tar ratio due to water filtration, so technically you're getting less high off the same amount of weed as opposed to if you smoked it out of a pipe.

And if you want to get even -more- technical, it depends on how long it's been since your last smoke. If you just got off of a T-break, bongs will get you higher than anything since they rush your receptors all at once before they have a chance to react and receive less THC.

/Edit
    There isn't really any way I know of to avoid a bong getting all stanked up. If you really need to, I'd advise getting a smaller, easier to clean bong and clean her up every time you smoke.
    You could also make a gravity bong, as those aren't too hard to conceal, and you can replace the bottle (or whatever you use) every few sessions. Give gravity bong a google if you're interested and un-knowing.

10. The water takes away such a small amount of THC it's highly negligible, you'd get more loss from tar sticking on the bigger surface area of glass. :p

11. #11 TheOnlyWombat, Jan 29, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 29, 2013
    According to wikipedia's according to a joint (lulz) study done by NORML and MAPS, bongs are "seriously detrimental in this respect."
    /Edit: got this from wikipedia's "Bong" entry, paragraph 3 under the "Use" section.
    I wish I had numbers to give, but I'm far too lazy to find them :D

However, with the amount of smoke hitting you all at once, you're right in that you'd never actually notice the difference, in the same way if a large mob attacked you you wouldn't be able to tell if there were 100 people or 150 people in it :p

12. Bongs:

You take huge hits which will get you much higher then a hit from a joint due to the fact you're inhaling so much green.

Joints:

1. From my experience I get higher on joints, only because I rarely use them.
    2. I also understand (I don't know this for fact) the paper and weed together can have a different chemical reaction compared to just straight weed (I may be completely wrong).

Vape:

1. I get high as hell from a few rips off a vape.
    2. Vapes are in my experience are paraphernalia that only get better at higher prices.
    3. Nothing can beat a 'Healthy, Clean" high.

Conclusion:

I personally would recommend a bong if you want to get the highest possible.

Extra info:

1. Do you have a roach laying around and don't want to burn yourself? Put that shit in your bongs bowl, boom instant joint/bong combo.
    2. They have attachments for vapes that go into bongs.

Mixing things up is the best thing you can do!

13. Then you are hitting it wrong, or are associating the noxious compounds released when smoking weed with your high.

Vapes are superior.

14. Am I the only one that noticed that he said 'blubbers' instead of 'bubblers'? Lol

15. ya dude bongs give u the most intense high out of anything. i highly prefer bongs to vapes the vape high is too soft. a water bottle bong will get u way higher using less weed than joints or vapes

16. hell yea *****

bongs are the shit

17. Indeed they do, it saves you much weed as well.

18. Filters out that nasty ass butane.

19. [quote name='"Sativa Hangover"']Filters out that nasty ass butane.[/quote]

Lmao..

20. Even less weed than a volcano? I doubt that.