Do black people get sunburnt?

Discussion in 'General' started by Cloud Rhinos, Apr 25, 2012.

1. Like, does it depend on the complexion of the person? Or do they just get more dark?

Honest question. Just wondering as a white guy.

2. Idk but I'm ginge and pale.

Fuckin summer in SoCal. En route...

3. black people get more black in the sun no matter how dark they are. they can peel and burn just like us, but it takes alot more sunlight.

4. Yes they can.

5. no they turn white, its the opposite

6. i often winder if people do a search on google before asking :D:smoke:qustion's like this lolol

7. i guess Michael Jackson spent too much time tanning

8. Yes but they are a lot more resistant but being darker also means they notice a burn less beacuse they can't see it

9. i'm pretty light skinned (considering i'm half hispanic/half white) but... its hella hard for me to sunburn, i've literally went shirtless all day trying to tan, and no burn, on the hottest of texas summer days..must be the wetback in me...

10. Yeah of course man. However if we look way back black people come from very hot climates therefore they have evolved to deal with hotter climates. They have much more resistance to the sun than we do but yes they can.

11. They get sunburned but its just not usually visible I guess.
    Plus black peoples ancestors come from a very hot place so their skin has probably adapted to extreme heat so its not as sensitive as white skin.
    Also they are all born with six packs.

12. #13 saywhatagain, Apr 25, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2012
    since their ancestors come from very hot climates they have adapted to hot weather so it takes more for them to get sunburned

didn't want to be the combo breaker so i went with the flow
    also i'm irish and english so i'm basically albino. i don't tan at all, i get a sunburn, peel, then burn again. for some reason it gives me freckles on my back if i get a bad burn, that happen to anyone else?

13. I live in texas and never had a sunburn. I guess being hispanic has its percs haha.

14. I'm black and never had a sunburn in my life