Do Autos NEED 24hrs of light?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by jayjay5396, Feb 21, 2014.

1. hi ive been growing my own now for a few years i have only grown normal females but now i have a Afgan auto, am reading that autos dont need light hours to be reduced it will still flower under 24hrs of light, does this mean i cant reduce the light time must it be on 24hrs? cant i do 18/6 then 12/12?   

2. Nah they will grow under 12/12. I've grown autos and photoperiod plants next to each other.

3. #3 vape2health, Feb 21, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 21, 2014
    I used to grow auto's with 18/6, I've "never" grown auto's with 12/12 and never will. These days I run 24/7, though I utilize led lights. The ruderalis aspect of the auto doesn't have light restrictions, hence the 24/7 I run.

4. Many people say 20-4.  Many people say 18-6.

Being the rebel that I am, I have an auto grow going under 19-5.  :)

5. Growing under 24/7 light reduces a plants response to light to a trickle over time.

thats what im worried about am doing an auto and 2 females in the same room.

7. #7 morange, Feb 24, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 24, 2014

You have nothing to worry about, it will grow fine. It will be a bit smaller and yield less, but quality wise there won't be any problem. I haven't run autoflowers under anything more than 12/12 since I have only gotten freebie autos and don't have enough to warrant using all my space for them. I got awesome buds from them though.

EDIT: the real difference in terms of flowering for auto flowers and photo period plants is just that auto flowers will flower after a certain age, no matter what.

8. the Afgan autos i have are also free seed will be interesting to see what they do. well seed just popped a few days ago its just started to open up its a little stretched i should have stood the pot higher am using 250w cfl its abit different to hps is'nt it cfl needs em closer i think it will sort its self out.

heres some pics

this is from last night i took the shell off.
    IMG_20140223_202606.jpg

this photo has just been taken. 
    IMG_20140224_101757.jpg

9. My undergoing auto has been on 18/6 for 3 weeks now. 3 more weeks under 18/6 and then 12/12 with the rest of the tent, since they're all gonna be flowering.