Do any of you deal with this?

Discussion in 'General' started by Mogwai, Feb 23, 2013.

1. I've got this pretty good friend. I go over to his place a lot and we smoke regularly and both throw in on blunts and everything.

Thing is, I'll be chilling at his place and we'll smoke a blunt. We're both high and all is right in the universe. Then this guy packs a bowl in his bong with his weed, and blazes up in front of me.

And it's like... I have weed to throw in on a bowl. I've offered before, but dude insists on declining and just smoking his own stuff to himself. And it feels weird o_O. I mean, I understand it's your stuff, your place, ect.. but now it feels like we are on a "different level". You're now higher than me, and there's no way to restore the balance because I could never ask to smoke a bowl of my stuff alone in front of you without splitting it.

I don't stress it, it's more of a "well fuck, really man?" moment. I'm still high, and honestly a bowl after a blunt only makes a small difference. But damn is of always awkward to me.

Anyone else have friends that do this? I feel like it's pretty uncommon, but surely some of you do

2. He might have a certain level of high he likes to achieve. Blunts are a different high than bongs. Always good start start off with a blunt and a whiskey though.

3. That is rude. His place or not

4. Thats just unfriendly...

5. That shit is awkward. lol. Dont sweat it man. If anything hes wasting his own weed just to get alittle bit higher. Try bringing your own small bowl or one hitter with you next time. So that way when he does it again. Wait for a few minutes till hes done. Then pull out your one hitter and pack it and smoke it yourself.

6. You are thinking too hard, just grab the bong and pack yourself whatever sized bowl you wanna smoke, right after he is finished, I mean, he just did. Unless he was being a prick, he shouldn't be offended by you doing it.

7. Wow.

You know what's awkward to me?

The thought of charging my guests for anything in my house.

If I open a bottle of wine, I don't toss out a tip jar, nor do I only open one if someone else brought a bottle.

Perhaps it's about time we all started maturing about the way we think about something that may soon be just as legal.

8. thats fuckn weird bro

maybe its a passive aggressive attack, meant to destroy you.

9. He is a marijuanas master, don't question him.

10. ? Sounds like the blunt didn't get him where he wanted to be, and the bong hit got him there. It's his body, and his high. Don't sweat it. You don't need to go puff-for-puff with him and be on the same wavelength as him. Smoke more if you want to smoke more.

11. just smoke your weed out of his bong?

12. maybe he has a high tolerance, dont nag on him.
    some people like taking small snaps by themselves too instead of a big bowl.

13. I don't get it. So basically, he doesn't want you to use his bong? Or is it the fact that he doesn't want to share his weed.

14. Did you ask to take a hit out of it or did you just ask to throw into it? Maybe he thinks you're just trying to smoke him up with whatever you have?

15. Maybe he just likes to smoke at a different pace. Once in a great while me and my two roommates will pack up a piece for each of ourselves and just go to town at our own rate.

It does sound rude but some people just don't understand social dynamics. My roommate doesn't and has admitted this. Doesn't mean he isn't a nice guy.

16. It only gets you guys on a different level if you let it. It's maybe a little odd but just shrug it off.

17. [quote name='"tokinITguy"']

Wow.

You know what's awkward to me?

The thought of charging my guests for anything in my house.

If I open a bottle of wine, I don't toss out a tip jar, nor do I only open one if someone else brought a bottle.

Perhaps it's about time we all started maturing about the way we think about something that may soon be just as legal.[/quote]

The problem with your case is that:
    1. Sharing a bottle of wine is just different in many ways to a smoke session.

2. It still is legal and harder to obtain in many places.

OP, like someone else just said, once he's done with his bong rip, throw your bud in there too and rip away. There shouldn't be any problem this way :) enjoy

18. Does he like charge you to use his bong? Pretty lame friend if that's the case.

19. I wouldn't know what to do in that situation... I've never been to a friend's house that smoked without me and I've never had someone at my house that I didn't smoke out until we couldn't smoke anymore....

I don't know I thought it was like an unspoken rule. I like to smoke slow and a lot, but I always let the person smoke the bowls until I'm ready for another hit. Does he not share at all with you? He just lights up his bong and doesn't share at all? That's just, I don't know, to me it seems rude.

20. He doesn't let you hit it?