Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Do any jobs do recurring drug tests?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by B-J-G, Sep 8, 2010.

1. Careers I mean, like vets, doctors, pilots, accountants, lawyers, ect?

2. depends, if its a goverment agency type deal I'm sure there either are randoms or theres the possibility upon suspicion, lawyers can probably work around there own tests if there good lawyers higher up in the firm, or own their own. Pilots I have no idea but would assume so, again not necessarily but certainly if there was a suspicion. I don't know man, just think about it a little ya know?

I know the military tests regularly though

3. My mom is an accountant, she didn't have to do recurring drug tests. But all the others,
    yeah, those would be for sure. Lives depend on all of those other ones. I've been
    wondering for a long time if Computer Repair Technicians have recurring drug tests.
    I don't see any good reason for them to have to do that, but that's what I'm going to
    be doing for a career. I hate pissing in cups. Those fluids are mine and private shit!

4. The majority of employers require a drug test on hiring. Whether there's ongoing tests on the nature of the job and the policies of the place you work for.

Government: government jobs that require driving or operating dangerous machinery or require you to put yours or other's life on the line, like fire fighter or cop, will have regular drug testing. Any other government job usually will not.

Private industry blue collar and entry level: low wage jobs often don't involve drug testing because those jobs need every warm body they can get. Fast food, convenience stores, often don't even test on hiring. Up the chain a little bit, drug testing is a risk/reward thing for an employer. If there is significant risk to the employer then they'll drug test, otherwise they won't. If it's a union job, unions usually fight any kind of accountability on the part of employees, so it's a mixed bag depending on the industry.

Private industry white collar: If you have a degree and get a white collar corporate job chances are they won't test at that level unless it's a notoriously liberal company that insists on everyone being treated the same. But again, that varies from company to company and hinges on the policies they have internally. If some mid size bean counting firm gets a new CEO that is hard core anti-drugs, they may have a new random testing policy the next day. Hard to say.

5. anyone who operates machinery of any kind and is in a union prob has to. other that that prob corpo jobs that are low in the ranks.
    most high paying careers are not going to have drug tests. as long as your making the money for the company they will have no reason to care about if you smoke.

6. I can verify from my personal experience.... I was a truck driver for 15yrs before I had to quit after being disabled from my disease. I got about 3-4 a year if I was lucky. In one of those years I had over ten. DO NOT be a trucker if you wanna smoke da reef!