1. Win a $250 shopping spree at Grasscity.com! To enter subscribe to our youtube channel.
    Dismiss Notice

Do Ameicans realise they are victims?

Discussion in 'General' started by Digit, Jul 25, 2003.

1. i realise i am a victim of the same thing they are. i'm not american, but still suffer much of what they have to at the hands of the same perpetrators, or at the very least, the same crimes.

Do Ameicans realise they are victims?
    do you?

2. Are you threatning meeee??? *looks back at thread name*
    Oh never mind but no not sure what your talking about lol im a victum tho...a victum of Smoking Da bad grass! lol

3. Yeah, some of us realize, but still we have no power to do anything but STFU, bend over and take one in the poopchute with a pointy stick. That, and knowing we're victims only makes it "worse" for the average joe, so we close off any possibility of thought that our government could be doing wrong, and fiercely defend the safe little bubble of ignorance we have with blind patriotism.

The system we have teaches us to be both supporters and victims of capitalism. Supporters in the way that we're consumers, and we MUST BUY or we're not American. If we can't "keep up with the joneses'". We are victimized by being willingly interned into the capitalist workforce in order to keep us either buying or selling. This is all well and good for like a handful of rich assholes, but for the rest of us, pucker up, here comes that pointy stick again.

Peace

4. like TooSicks said, many of us know we are victims, but really don't have anything to do about it since the gov't is full of people we supposedly voted doing things we supposedly want them to do, but God knows how we hate politicians and all the shit they do "for us." There are also many that are ignorant to politics and many other things and are happy to remain ignorant as long as their lives are fine. This makes it even harder for us who want to change the system to do so. The ignorant will keep voting for what is familiar to them.

5. Do you ever shut the fuck up?

6. Yea pretty much ^, execpt I think most ppl have lost all faith in America, everybody thinks it will never change, but think, it has to change, not everybody it going to sit here and do nothing, somebody will change the government, and it may not be soon, but it will happen, it has too. I think American's desereve a little more credit then are given by some people, if we do know whats going on, what are we going to do about it? Write letters to the edtior of the paper? or even the pres.? that's not going help, we need people willing to risk their lives, and that ain't me...

7. My mother...
    Knows there's something to it...
    Knows that there's something not quite right...
    But refuses to learn...
    After asking her why, she blatantly admits:
    "I don't want to know... I don't want to be mad at this country... If I can live here and they can trick me into believing that everything is okay, then that's all I want...
    I don't want to know..."

And she's not even American...
    She knows she's a victim, but refuses to believe it...

8. Ignorance is bliss.

9. She's not completely ignorant...
    Knowledge of ignorance is torture...
    She's in a world of pain and pretending she's blissful...

10. Do you have anything useful to say? If not, please head over to Yahooka.

11. i think we have the power, we just need to realize that theres a shitload more of us then there are of them!

12. No, I dont have anything useful to say. At all, Im just tired of seeing this anti american bull shit. What the hell is Yahooka?

13. If you disagree, then say so...
    Those who know Digit will know that he is not Anti-American...
    These threads are created with the intension of inspiring intelligent conversation...
    If you're trying to make a point, do so in a manner that doesn't make you come out as a complete jackass, for I would hope you are capable of that...

Be civil...

14. I didn't mean it like that. Your mom seems like she knows the truth, but it's easier to be ignorant. Either way we're forced to comply to survive, so why not be happy?

I was going to post something about Neo's pill decision in The Matrix, because it seemed relevant, but some people fail to notice any symbolism in that movie, so I didn't. :)

The only thing wrong with your mom's plan is there is no blue pill that makes her forget the truth. She can only pretend. (I just woke up, so I'm sorry if any of this is hard to follow.)

15. To the first question: no they do not.

To the second: I know I am a vicitm to the looters and moochers of the world. But as I follow the path first led by John Galt I have realized that I (along with every other person) am a man who is an end in himself, neither sacrifing myself for others, nor sacrificing others for myself, that I work for the rational self-interest of myself in whatever circumstance or system that I am placed in.

16. We do have the power, but they have the power to silence us.

I personally have withdrawn my allegiance to the flag, of the United States of America. I don't hate America, I hate what it's become.

The concept of freedom, the concept of the people choosing the government was brilliant. I just don't think it works anymore. The government is more concerned with money, and power than it is our interests.

Look at the Bush administration, doctors can now lose their perscription licenses if they perscribe medicinial marijuana, ignoring state law to make a point in their pointless drug war. They blantantly ignored the word and the will of the people. Yeah that's what America is about.

17. Hehe...
    Made perfect sense...
    It's most definately easier to be ignorant...
    It's just bothersome and disappointing to see people you know ignore the truth...

I have never had to say the pledge of allegiance...
    And if things continue the way they are, I doubt I'll ever choose to say it...

18. In grade school we had to say it every morning, and then sing the national anthem. As a kid you don't know what you're saying, you just say it so you don't have to see the principal.

Patriotism is programmed into you as much as religion when you're a kid. It really is disturbing.

19. Yeah...
    A neice of mine told me how they had to say it at school and how some kids got in trouble for refusing to do so...

I went to grade school in a different country...
    I said a different pledge...
    Although I was never forced to say it...

20. LMAO!

Grasscity Deals Near You