do all pistols have to be red to harvist?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by bf125, Sep 12, 2011.

1. hey all! i'm growing/grown 2x bubblegummers, there suppose to flower for 7 to 8 weeks.
    i harvister my first at 8 weeks because it's pistoils were red/brown and it was coated in cristals looked and smelt great started to see amber trics ect. The problem being the othere one has different charictoistics and dosent look as muture, 25% of pistols are still white,its not got as many cristals, i have a x20 mag glass but i,m not too sure wether i can see amber trics yet?? as daft as thet sounds and its now on its 9th week of flower??
    Any sugestions would be great! sorry no pics my camera broke! CHEERS!

2. Are the trichs clear, amber, or cloudy??

3. #3 Ccoastal, Sep 13, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 13, 2011
    Some strains do not turn amber. U can do what most ppl do on here which is harvest early, by that I mean not wait for the CBD levels to rise. U can look closely for trichome deformation, look close to see if the trichs are standing straight up or if they are leaning to the side, indicating they have reached their peak. Or u can get a more giggly high by waiting for pistils to retract and the calyx to swell, this is where a small portion of THC is broken down into cannabanoids which gives u a less anxious more light hearted high.

some strains just take a little longer to mature, sativas take much longer than indica and one clone can take off faster than another taken at the same time, it just depends on the plant

4. cheers dude, after just looking i think i can just make out some amber trics with my x20glass. think i'll chop tomorrow night! its been 8weeks 5days and it says flower for 7 to 8 and the pistils look 80/20 red and white. the red ones look all squiggely and white ones still look strait. alot have changed over night so by tommorow i'm hoping we'll be there! cheers dude!