Do all newbies do this??

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by JackHandy420, Mar 20, 2009.

1. [FONT=&quot]I thought growing would be fun, keep me supplied w/ weed, and out of the criminal black market element, etc…[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]What started out as fun has damn near turned in to a full time job bordering on an obsession. I find myself spending hours reading the boards, I've actually read every single post under the “sick plants” section, and my plants are healthy.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]All day long at work I anticipate coming home to my plants, to check the temp, adjust the lights, or do some grow room improvement. At night I stay up late reading about growing (ok, by some of the questions posted here it is clear that not all newbies stay up late reading about growing weed, or at least not our stickies:rolleyes:).[/FONT]

Here's the latest pic of my grow, for the long drawn out version, my sig has my grow journal link.
    [FONT=&quot][/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]I literally get giddy like a little schoolgirl when payday comes around and I know I get to go buy some more lights, or pH strips, or soil, or ferts, etc.etc.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]What started out as a half assed bag seed grow is really starting to take shape. I'm almost thinking I might actually get some smokable weed.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Do all newbies do this or am I just bordering on being an obsessive/compulsive disorder patient?[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Will it get worse when I switch to 12/12?:D[/FONT]

Attached Files:

2. pleaase dont ever switch to 12/12 u remind me of me and i cant speak for everyone else but yes its so crazy u say that cause when im at work, i cant wait to get home, and ALL the other stuff u said is all that i am also

so having said that i must say this please dont switch to 12/12 please make your self a flowering room man, and just take clones and keep your mothers and always have a sea of green so to speak, i love your set up and would like to follow up, if u need help building a room for your clones let me know ill help ya out!!!

3. what you are doing is taking it seriously,
    if you have a daughter/son, will you neglect it, experiment on it, feed it dangerious shit? no, you will do your best to keep him/her healthy, fed properly, and kept under the right conditions, in otherwords growing your babies is a big responsibity, i too, never stop thinking about them.

4. Well said john!!!!

5. I'm going to flower in a separate chamber. I'm hoping to build it (or at least start it) this weekend. I'm planning to clone a bunch of them for an outdoor grow, and keep a small revolving indoor harvest. I'll probably make hash out of the outdoor plants (unless they turn out really good), but want some sticky buds that are hard to grow here outdoors.

My main problem is that I have kids (John, funny you likened it to children, I've got three of them and know what you mean), and while I could get a med card and grow legally, I don't want them to know about it so all my chores that take longer than I can disappear for with out being noticed have to be done when there not here.

6. dude that looks like an awesome setup. I want one... wish i had room

7. haha, Jack, reading what you just wrote proves to me that Im not more obsessive than your average grower. I've never grown before, but Im moving into a new place on the 28th of March and I've already purchased most of what need for my set-up. Every purchase I make, every thread I read, I get more and more excited for my planting date to come.

So in short, yeah, I think all newbies must do this. I've read every sticky, every question and every answer. I want to read about EVERY possible problem and solution! Good luck with your grow man! I can't wait to hear how your first time turns out

Provwise

8. I am with you on the obsessive part. I read this blog constantly...even though it seems like the same issues people are posting about over and over I am fascinated by reading about everybody's growing experiences.

And for some reason I have to keep tweaking with my grow setup....I just don't feel right if I go more than a week without buying something new to use in my hobby here. I started out in December 2008 with a few CFL's in an old entertainment cabinet and I now have expanded beyond that cabinet into a closet in the spare bedroom and the CFL's have been replaced by a 400 watt MH/HPS switchable ballast with hortilux HPS and MH bulbs, with mylar, fans, carbon filters, odor buckets....the works. I find myself wandering the aisles of Lowes just looking for ideas of how to improve upon my setup even when I have nothing I really need to buy. My wife thinks I am nuts.

I have even started growing wheatgrass and crap in my original cabinet with the CFL's just so I can continue to add to my setup and keep growing. It is a great hobby and with your level of dedication you will get some great results I am sure.

Good luck with your grow....keep us posted please.

9. yeyy. growing weed makes a person a future good parent :)

10. You have to learn to discipline yourself so that it doesn't take over your life. Take me for example, I am very disciplined about it, as evidenced by my 5,000+ posts... :p

11. Yes it very addictive..... :D

I started out growing in half and half containers, desk lamps and w/CFLs

Now I have a tent w/a 600w digital ballast... :D

12. wow i thought dat i was the only one that thinks like this...this obsesion im always thinking about my babies iv' even dream about them on how there doin since there growing in the great outdoors away from my pad:hippie:...now that i just got a job i cant wait till payday...im so gonna get some AN.:yay:

13. I've just germinated my first batch of bag-seeds, and I'm already flippin' lol I've read hours on here as well..

14. i know what u mean ive been reading about it and thinking about it for over 4 years unfortante thing is that i was kind of moving every 2 months or living in hotel for 6 months and more so i was waiting to settle down now ive been in the same spot for over a year and right now im looking around for the best deal later today i gotta go to a local shop

and its a funny thing u say about being exited and comparing it to children cause ive bought a dog and its kind of the same thing. im always working about 12 to 13 hour a day so im away from home a long time and as soon as i leave the house i cant wait to come back and play with Cheech!

if the same thing happen with the plants damnnn i wont be sleeping at all

15. Congrats on being a reader! You'll go far if you keep it up. (There's a link in my sig to the old Overgrow.com FAQ. Tons of info there.)

Personally, learning to grow cannabis has been one of the most intensely rewarding experiences of my life. The only thing that has taught me more about life and been even more rewarding, is the work I've put into the relationship I have with my wife and son.

The cannabis plant is a beautiful example of nature and learning how it grows and thrives and breeds is just a great experience. As you learn more you'll spend less and less time reading. I read mostly to keep up on up and coming tech and helping beginners get started properly. (Most never read enough first.) :D

Welcome to Grass City. :)

16. Thanks for the overgrow link. I've heard mention of overgrow, and read the story behind it, but I look forward to going through all the info. It looks like there is a ton of information there.