Do all calyxes contain immature seeds waiting to be fertilized

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by OrderInChaos, May 3, 2010.

1. question is the name of the thread

2. hahahaaaa
    no they contain liddo plant vaginas waiting to be impregnated by liddo plant sperms:eek:

3. are you seriously askin this?
    with a gro under your belt?

4. thats a negative. some calyxes are filled with in grown hairs that didnt push out.

5. Calyx (plural word for sepal) is just the small leaves that surround the flower, though they are a part of the flower, none contain any type of seed or reproductive parts. Instead, pistils (little white hairs) contains an ovary which in turn contains an ovule waiting to be fertilized. If the anther on a stamen (male flower) releases pollen to the female's stigma (top of the pistil), the pollen will be drawn into the ovary to fertilize the ovule. A seed will then form in place of the ovary.

6. nice!!
    yea im too lazy to do that,..
    my explanation works :p

7. Yeah I liked yours too :) The only correction would be that the "liddo vaginas" lol are not part of the calyx, but part of the pistil. Calyx do however, tightly surround the pistils. Not like it really matters, just clearing it up. Peace

8. ya, i understand all of this and knew most of it. i have a problem with hermies and seeds and im just trying to get my facts cleared.

would it really make a diff in a grow if i already knew this? no. im just going thru the process of elimination. im sure plenty of ppl grow dank ass bud w.o knowing the answer to the question i just asked. no reason to go callin ppl out on being new to growing.

anyways, i have immature seeds in every single calyx ive opened. i thought maybe the plant produces some type of seed that just chills til the pistils catch some pollen. im just wondering how that much pollen could have gotten to my plants without any male sacks anywhere. ive gone over every bud 12097524107 times, and cant find pollen sacks, but every calyx has a seed in it. the last crop i had all did the same thing. 6 shwag bagseed females started producing seeds EVERYWHERE with no males traits ANYWHERE.

IF the past crop were hermies, WHERE THE FUCK WERE THE SACKS CUZ I CHECKED THOSE 4389769 TIMES ALSO..

now i just have buds full of seeds, and no where to point my finger.

9. I agree people should have more respect especially when none of the people who go around talking shit ever seem to have any sound, accurate advise to give on the subject. I thought it was a good question.

When it comes to your situation, it could be a number of things. A genetic mutation (often found when using bagseed or from seeds/cuttings from non-reputable sources) can cause odd semi-fertilization of ovums that will contain very tiny, immature seeds or even just hard seed-like ovums that look a bit like seeds and give the buds a horrible, headache-causing flavor similar to that of seeds. Of course, although you checked for male flowers a bazillion times :) somehow because of light penetration during dark period or some other reason, some may have slipped by you and fucked up the whole grow. My guess is that it is a genetic problem. I feel starting with clones or seeds you are familiar with, or came from reputable sources is key because the last thing we want is something like this occurring after putting in all of that hard work and patience. Good luck bro!

10. see thats what i was looking for, and thank u. i havent seen that explanation anywhere cuz no one really knows whats going on. i did get the current ladies(blue cheese, la woman, chiesel-all diff breeders) from the attitude seed bank..so theyre reputable. the only i thing i can think of is that the swhag girls were hermies and i somehow didnt catch them, and ya they had light leaks at times, and all the girls were moved from house to house twice. i imagine that had to have done it. your answer seems to explain my problem best. so the bagseeds were prolly genetic hermies(light leaks and moving certainly didnt help), and the pollen chilled around the grow area, an has infested my good genetics from the attitude, and again with the stress from moving and light leaks, only made it worse.

so what of the clones i took from these 3 girls? they should be straight female if i get my conditions right, correct?

11. That's correct.

12. sweet, thanks man i really appreciate it :hello: