do 50% of weed plants turn out to be male?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by liljeff420, Oct 15, 2008.

1. its like that with people but idk about plants

2. i germinated 6 seeds and 4 turn femme and 2 turn male so i think its pretty random but 50-50 is pretty close. At least in what i have seen. This is my first controlled grow so i dont know a lot. So thats that
    peace,'Skin

3. Nope... I've had 6 of 6 male, 6 of 6 female and varied in between. Very very random, though can be influenced in a number of ways from chemicals to environment/stressing....

4. I don´t think that is the case, sex with MJ is predetermined, as it is with people. Otherwise seed banks would not make a BIG premium out of feminised seeds.

5. I hear this a lot on the threads. I personally can't wrap my head around the concept of stress determining sex. Sex, at least as I understand it, is determined in the embryonic (seed) stage of a plants life. I don't see how doing anything to a plant would cause it to suddenly change sex. Just doesn't seem feasible to me. I could be wrong but I just can't understand the scientific validity of this phenomenon.