DNC Staffer arrested trying to leave country

Discussion in 'Politics' started by jman42028, Jul 26, 2017.

1. well said. This is exactly it.

2. heres another article that goes a little more in depth and offers actual hard evidence of a phyisical copy of the files as opposed to a "russian hack". DNC must really think that people are just fucking stupid. And obviously the MSM has their backs.
    Report: Insider Stole DNC Data Five Days Before Seth Rich Murder...No Russian Hacker! - Big League Politics

The analyst found that the transfer took place at speeds of 23 MB/s, which means that a remote data transfer over the internet would be extremely unlikely. Instead, the report states that a more likely scenario would be “that the individual who was collecting the data either had physical access to the computer where the data was stored, or the data was copied over a local high speed network (LAN).”

“This initial copying activity was done on a system where Eastern Daylight Time (EDT) settings were in force. Most likely, the computer used to initially copy the data was located somewhere on the East Coast,” Forensicator writes.

The Forensicator found that the data was initially copied to a computer which was running Linux, as “the file last modified times all reflect the apparent time of the copy and this is a characteristic of the the Linux ‘cp’ command (using default options).” The report noted that a simple explanation for this would be that the Linux OS was booted from a USB flash drive — and that the data was subsequently copied back to the same drive. Using this method, the person transferring the files would be able to download a very large amount of data quickly.

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. Indictments, Probe Widens Against Ex-Wasserman Schultz IT Aide - IVN.us

A federal grand jury has now raised additional criminal charges against Imran Awan, the former House Democratic IT staffer with close ties to Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz of Florida.

Awan was arrested by the FBI last month at Dulles airport as he attempted to flee the U.S. for his home country of Pakistan, and charged with bank fraud.

The charges stem from a massive rental property operation Awan and his family members were running in Virginia, while Awan and his wife were in bankruptcy. The Awans had misrepresented themselves on mortgage loans for the properties.

Nearly a month after his arrest, a federal grand jury has expanded the federal bank fraud charges against Awan to include four counts including conspiracy and making false statements.
    There are other dubious questions about the Awans’ real estate business, with multiple tenants saying they were required to pay rent with untraceable payments, such as cash, blank money orders, and checks written out to different people.

Nearly a month after his arrest, a federal grand jury has expanded the federal bank fraud charges against Awan to include four counts including conspiracy and making false statements.
    Hina Alvi was also indicted last week, although she has already fled to Pakistan with her three children, taking a plane out of Dulles Airport. Officials allowed her to board the plane even though she was under criminal investigation by the U.S. Capitol Police and was carrying thousands of dollars in cash onto the plane.

The Florida congresswoman did not fire her chief IT staffer until his arrest last month.
    Awan has pleaded “Not Guilty” to the charges against him, and suggesting that bigotry is at the root of the investigation against Awan, his lawyer has said that his client has only been indicted for “working while Muslim.”

Debbie Wasserman Schultz has been criticized by Republicans and Democrats for her close ties to the Awan family, and for continuing to keep Imran Awan on her payroll months after the Capitol Police investigation began in February. The Florida congresswoman did not fire her chief IT staffer until his arrest last month.

In an email to the Sun Sentinel Tim Canova, who will be running against Wasserman Schultz in 2018’s Democratic primary, said that “millions of Americans” don’t trust her to “give straight answers to any of these questions” about the corruption scandal swirling around her office.

He added:

“Wasserman Schultz now makes a lot of self-serving excuses for Awan, dismisses her critics as right-wing media fringe, and suggests that law enforcement agencies are guilty of racial and ethnic profiling of Awan. For someone not involved in law enforcement, Wasserman Schultz has jumped to the worst conclusions about the motives of federal investigators and all other critics of how she has mismanaged her Congressional office.”

In 2018 it will be up to voters to decide whether or not to fault Debbie Wasserman Schultz for the IT staffer scandal that put sensitive congressional data at risk of exposure and tied up millions of taxpayer dollars for reasons that are still not fully understood.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. damn its almost like this whole thing, and this behavior is all coordinated. "now makes a lot of self serving excuses for awan, dismisses her critics as right wing media fringe and suggest that law enforcement are guilty of racial and ethnic profiling"
    Damn that sounds so familiar for some reason!

Read this the other day on infowars. Good share auggie, again!

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. And as we know, assembling a grand jury automatically means one is guilty, right?

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. well yeah and should be punished with death, the treasonous bastards!

• Like Like x 1
  7. definite treason, also collusion.. and probably racist too.

• Like Like x 1
  8. I don't think we are allowed to call them racist though...so we gotta come up with something else. how about..fucking idiots? lol

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. How does that relate to Seth Rich or any deep state conspiracy and/or WikiLeaks?
    The guy was running a scam by essentially issuing false documents... Is there more to this story?

10. yes a lot more. like the fact he was still on the debbies payroll, months after his privileges of accessing capitol computers was taken away. What good is an IT staffer that can't access the networks? He wasn't getting a small salary either. These are the charges that are out, right now, by themselves paint an interesting picture. We will definitely find out more as the days and weeks move on, I don't think that this is the end of the story.

11. Ok so DWS was in on the real estate scheme. Sounds very possible.

I still don't see any connection to WikiLeaks, Seth Rich or some laptop?
    Maybe there are too many topics in this thread? Or is there something that suggests that all of these things are intertwined?

12. yeah its all a little intertwined probably. DSW is who this guy was working for. there have obviously been a ton of leaks coming out, and this certainly could be a spot where they could have come out. The DSW/seth rich link is a little different. Seth Rich worked for the DNC while DSW was the chair, he was another IT type guy who crunched numbers. His parents are extremely high up in the DNC and have been major actors for a long time.
    There are tons of questions surrounding his murder, which I'm sure we covered on another thread...I don't think it was here.
    Some of the reporting has indicated that this guy was with Seth rich the night he was murdered. Some have said this guy has confirmed that Seth was the leaker. Some have said he is running some kind of ponzi type scheme and took the DNC for a ton. Some say he's got all the dirt on DNC and of course, the clinton cartel and he will/has been spilling the beans to save his ass...considering he would probably already have "committed suicide" on the outside.
    There isn't a ton of clarity on this story honestly, a lot of reporting in all directions so its hard to get a true gauge as to what the truth is. The MSM is avoiding this story like the plague, much like Seth Rich's whole thing.
    Then there was the lawsuit by the PI who was investigating seth's murder. he's suing fox news and hannity for apparently fabricating a story to make the real questions go away.
    So I would say its kind of wait and see at this point lol.

13. a lot of "he said", "she said"... we'll wait and see. so far i can see that they were involved in a real estate scam. at least no other chargers have been filed. i doubt anyone is going after DNC for Seth Rich's murder because of this.

14. I agree. makes it pretty tough to follow with relative silence around it from the msm no doubt. This is the kind of thing some investigative reporter should be sinking their teeth into. This is the kind of story that used to be able to make a reporters career, now...crickets.
    You are totally right there, tons of he said she said. Definitely something with real estate, and it sounds like his family made a lot of money off DNC...like way more than a typical IT staffer makes...thats part of what puts everything to question. I believe the article shared before said that he had transferred millions back to his family in packistan...that alone should have raised red flags..money to packistan that is.

15. Didn't know the thread was about Seth rich.
    I will reread the title.. If it is, then my bad.

16. i read the whole thread, not just the title.

17. Crazy me for keeping it on topic..

18. well i think it's established that he made the money not as an IT staffer, but more so as a crook. it mentioned 300K, which is a reasonable amount of money to expect from a real estate scam(s)... not sure if it goes beyond that... but i guess we'll find out.

msm did cover a lot of things about the arrest (just google for Imran Awan)... but i don't know how much of anything else there is to cover. sounds like a rather benign scam-artist report. i guess they are waiting for the next step in the investigation.

19. i simply asked a question because there were so many things that were brought up that it was extremely confusing. i appreciate you keeping it on topic, but you can clearly see why i would ask what connections are there and what does all this have to with Seth Rich's murder and/or wikileaks... sorry to bother you.

20. https://nypost.com/2017/08/19/it-st...mised-sensitive-data-to-foreign-intelligence/

• Like Like x 1