Dna

Discussion in 'Science and Nature' started by blackjack, Aug 26, 2009.

1. #1 blackjack, Aug 26, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 26, 2009
    The fact that we, as humans, are now able to manipulate DNA, makes me believe that superior beings manipulated our own DNA, not God. Or, at least, maybe not ONLY God.

Our alien-like existence on this planet also makes me believe we were engineered to specifically exist in third-dimensional space due to the manipulation of our DNA from a much higher consciousness, rather our minds exist in higher dimensions but our mortal being is living here, in this inferior reality, while we are in fact connected to God or supreme beings through our more sophisticated minds.

Our human purpose rests in the stars, not on this planet.

All other organisms on this planet are our caregivers, our food, our mortal companions, while we progress through time to reconnect with our ancestors and eventually to meet our makers.

The ecology of this planet was designed for humans to exist in this dimension as physical beings while we await re-alignment for the much bigger picture.

Our civilization here isn't worth anything compared to the rest of our civilization that lies in space and beyond.

We weren't created, we are the part of the creators.

EDIT: ..............
    ... I just had an out-of-body-experience while typing this and it's creeping me the fuck out...

2. . . . :) . . . :eek: . . . :confused: . . . :rolleyes: . . . :eek: . . . :p . . . :D . . . :laughing: . . . :bolt:

3. i think its weird how the supposed aliens have the same body structure as us..

maybe they fucked with us and made us look like them

4. #5 Senior PoopiePants, Aug 26, 2009
    You'd be surprised what could really be true, OP.

But you seriously got that strictly from an OBE? Do you normally think shit like that, or did it just come to you in the Out of Body Experience?

Either way, very interesting shit. I actually believe that is how we could of ended up being how we are. Sounds crazy, sure, but so does believing some dude was the son of God, died, was resurrected 3 days later only to come back again.

So what really is crazy???? Aliens existing and maybe fucking with our DNA to make the Homo Sapien - which is like the 7th (something like that) version of human? Amazing are the gaps between the different versions of humans

Evolution? Sometimes I wonder. But what about the missing link? :confused:

5. What missing link?

Attached Files:

6. Between apes and humans.

7. You came to the conclusion that because we can manipulate DNA, then god/aliens did it to us? Why?

Humans weren't 'designed' to live in this dimension and neithrr was our world designed for them. And 'while we await 'realignment''? And what does our 'alien-like existence' mean? I think this is a post that would be more at home in S&P to be honest.

Evolution is like the branches of a tree. An early primate continued to evolve as a species over many lifetimes, along the way resulting in many variations of this primate - some tall, short, fat, thin, etc. Some branches became gorillas, monkeys, or a variety of hominin (a human precursor). In some cases these individuals also evolved further and further, eventually getting to a point where they seem to share very few characteristics with the original creature, because really, they were no longer it. A dolphin for example was once a goat-like land creature. There is no one 'missing link' between the original goat-like animal and the dolphin, it's the result of many, many changes - and in the case of the dolphin, humans and other creatures, we have most of the variations that happened along the way. We know of the existence of tens of links between us and apes, not just one. We have never stopped being a variety of ape, so there's no ape to man missing link.

We evolved from a branch of early primates over a series of steps. We can say with certainty that we are still and always will be a form of primate, because we can show genetically that we share about 98% of our DNA with some primate's, like Bonobos and Chimps. If you want to see a living more-than-monkey that almost bridges that human/ape gap in one, there are few smarter than the Bonobo.

MelT

8. #9 blackjack, Aug 26, 2009
    Your opinions/ideas are just as valid as mine.
    But you're not understanding what I'm saying.

If we have the potential ability to create synthetic life in the future and manipulate DNA, we are becoming the creators. Why don't we agree that there's the possibility that our DNA was engineered by supreme beings from another galaxy or dimension of the universe? Call, them God if you will. And we were brought here to preserve our species on this planet, until we become conscience enough to reach a higher being.

I really don't think my idea is that radical.
    Just as radical as evolution or God.
    Evolution makes sense, but it doesn't make sense as to why we are the only species of our kind.

What I mean by alien-like existance is that we conquer this planet in ways that no other organism is capable of, we are not like any other organism on this planet.

I think way outside the box, brother.

9. a flaw arises;)

10. How so?

11. a very paradoxical statement that was. (not this one, the other)

12. The reason I say that is because I've been thinking about the universe since before I even went into elementary school. I'd have visions and think of things I never even understood myself. I don't know how to explain it, but I've always felt this strange connection to knowing the unknown.

13. #14 MelT, Aug 26, 2009
    Your opinions/ideas are just as valid as mine.

No, not at all. You're basing what you say on conjecture about aliens and god and DNA. My beliefs are simply scientific, and as flawed as science can be at times, it relies on evidence and repeatable outcomes, not a conjecture. So TBH you can't really compare our beliefs equally.

If we have the potential ability to create synthetic life in the future and manipulate DNA, we are becoming the creators.

No, we are becoming better scientists. We have no godly ambitions, science is sadly driven mostly by money nowadays. Your use of the word 'creators' isn't correct.

Why don't we agree that there's the possibility that our DNA was engineered by supreme beings from another galaxy or dimension of the universe?

Why? I can see no reason to at all. At what point did they engineer our DNA. When we were single-celled? When we were fish-like, hominins, when?

We can now say that, because we now know it's possible here, that if there are aliens who are interested in such things AND possess human-like DNA, that they too may be doing the same. All the rest is a series of suppositions. If we even begin to accept your premise then we also have to accept the existence of supreme beings (I don't) and all kinds of things.

Your OP says that we're perfectly adapted to the world and the world to us, and nothing could be further from the truth. Also, if we are aliens on a path to a higher consciousness - meaning that we should be changing right now and becoming better as human beings - I have never seen evidence of it.

Call, them God if you will.

Why? Why use something with a religious motive? Why not call them 'rabbits', or 'Gnfur beings'?

And we were brought here to preserve our species on this planet, until we become conscience enough to reach a higher being. I really don't think my idea is that radical.

No, it isn't new at all, various writers have tried to get it off the ground for over 100 years, but not one of them has ever come up with evidence or even a glimmer of a possibility. The problem with what you're saying is that it makes a whole list of assumptions. You're not only surmising that there are highly advanced beings, but that they can cross dimensions and would want to fiddle with our DNA, that it's to preserve their/our species - and that there is a higher state of consciousness that will enable us to reach a 'higher being'? It's a series of leaps of pure faith. God, aliens, DNA, us having any special meaning at all in the Universe. Why do you think it's true?

Just as radical as evolution or God.

No. There's nothing at all radical about evolution, why do you think there is? The idea of god is though, certainly.

Evolution makes sense, but it doesn't make sense as to why we are the only species of our kind.

Not sure what you mean by that? We've never been the only species of our kind. We lived alongside other thinking, building, tool-using varieties of people for thousands of years. Some were our ancestors, some were failed branches that evolved from an earlier form of hominid. Neanderthals, homo erectus, the Flores Island tribes are all different forms of human, some closely related, some not. Even apes, are related to us and variations of something that preceded both or lines. Mankind came from a small, tree dwelling lemur-like creature, which gave rise eventually to both people in various forms and the Ape families and other creatures. Even our human varieties of scandinavian, black, asian, polynesian, aborigine, etc, etc, are all variations of our species.

What I mean by alien-like existance is that we conquer this planet in ways that no other organism is capable of, we are not like any other organism on this planet.

Capable of yet.

By the week there are more research findings regarding animal consciousness and their ability to think, feel, plan, communicate. If we disappear, one day something will replace us, or not, as happens in chance evolution. At present we can certainly say that, should they have the means and the opportunity, other species could be capable of doing what we have. We aren't special, we just happen to dominate earth for now, a tiny, tiny blip in its existence of millions of yars. The dinosaurs ruled for tens of millions of years longer than there have even been human beings. Give them another few million years and they too could have evolved intelligence and the ability to use it.

I think way outside the box, brother.

I second my learned friend above - wayyyyyy out:)

MelT

14. #15 ryeguy, Aug 26, 2009
    Sufficiently advanced technology appears as magic to those that do not understand it.

This is actually something that I've considered before. It's not so inane as others may suggest. What would stop a species from evolving and developing technology to the point of being able to manipulate dimensions, energy, matter, etc.?

I don't like the idea of specialized creation, as you seem to. I view myself and the rest of the human race as the results of evolution and as completely abiding by the laws of nature that govern our universe. I do not think that we are special enough to warrant extra attention. Just look at our DNA and how much of it is junk. I will agree with others that suggest that some of that "junk" is just DNA that we do not understand, but I believe that much of it is unused remnants from our evolutionary history and changes made by bacteria.

A sufficiently advanced race, in my opinion, would begin with manipulating stars for their own survival. After an advanced civilization's primary (the star(s) that they evolved under) dies, it would be in that civilization's best interest to move or to eventually create their own star. Or perhaps they would wish to create a new star for the energy that it would provide. The idea is that it may be possible for even humans to do this in the future (should we survive that long).

Considering the changes that have made humans what they are today are more radical than those changes that would take humanity to such a level as you suggest. We have come from single celled organisms lacking a nucleus to self aware, thinking organisms. I do not believe that it is any less likely for a race to evolve further.

Bonus points: read this. It explains my ideas in a more coherent manner using a fictionalized story. For those theists out there, please stay with the story and consider the Atheist to whom the god is speaking to be simply a narrator.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I do NOT believe that the other creatures on Earth are superfluous or "here for use". I do NOT believe that it is likely that there has been any tampering or guiding of any race on Earth. I do NOT believe that there is anything special about the human race whatsoever.

I see nothing wrong with conjecture, until you begin to believe that it as likely.

15. evolution.

thought: they say we only use 10% of our brains. would it be fair to say our evolution at this stage is learning to use more of it.

think of the image we have been given of aliens. they almost always have huge heads and brains.

although, what if aliens are less developed...what if they are still primal creatures. meybe they are only still microscopic.

too high, not sure if its relevant to the thread

16. Well, let's examine your usage of the word "aliens." You seem to suggest that they are either one way (large brain/advanced) or the other (less advanced). I, instead, feel that the word alien only refers to usually self conscious organisms that do not originate on Earth.

The Universe is enormous. Not only is it large, but it has been around for, oh, a couple of billion years. We have evolved to our stage in only a fraction of that time. The likelihood that there are other organisms that fit the description of "alien" is very high. Not just one race of aliens, but many. Some would be more advanced than us, given that they began their existence before us (feasible) and are still alive. Others that evolved more recently would likely be less advanced. I think that given the short period of time that we have existed, more of the alien races would be more advanced than us.

17. We didn't evolve from the modern great apes. The great apes and humans share a common ancestor. That graphic shows the progression in our lineage from the last common ancestor (A) to modern humans (N).

18. yes, i didnt mean to make things seem finite. i was just generalizing the thought. i however agree with what you said. it is of course possible for both highly advanced and less advanced.

i believe my main point was that of evolution and gaining control of more of our brains. it jumped to "aliens" when i thought of us reaching 100% use of our brain. it would then grow i suppose.

19. theres not even enough food for all of us on this planet there would be hardly any if there was another top predator like us on this planet.