DNA Reserva Privada Purple Wreck

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Grow Journals' started by jakesterjammin, Mar 26, 2013.

1. #1 jakesterjammin, Mar 26, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 26, 2013
    DNA Reserva Privada Purple Wreck........
    Posting this in the hydro section cause it's an experiment of mine.... :D

My last Coco grow I used a 50/50 (perlite/coco)....
    Well I was not happy with the drainage, nor did I feel the root system was getting enough air...
    Thinking how I can add air, but not increase the drainage so it's more than a daily watering...

So what holds air and water that I can use in with the Coco :confused_2:
    And 8 of the 50L bags of Hydroton is staring me in the face.... :D

Going to veg in the 3x3 tent with the 600w MH....
    6 of the 7gal buckets....
    JJ's Custom Coco mix is a 25/25/50 (perlite/hydroton/coco)...... :eek:

They're 7 days old now and just put in the veg chamber....
    Nutrients are, AN 3 part base, Voodoo, hygrozyme, RapidStart, and Epsom Salt mixed to 1/4 tea spoon per gallon....
    Feeding them at 600ppm (0.8ec) @ 5.8....

I'll put some pics up later of the seedlings.......
    But this is going to be a cool strain to grow, because the seedlings came out with purple serrated leaves....
    Then they turned green, but as soon as I hit them with the nutes, within 24hrs they're turning back purple again.... :D

:wave:

2. This is on my short list of next seeds, subbed.

3. subbed, whats the benefit of using a cut coco mixture like that instead of just going 100% coco?

4. You can do 100% perlite. Cant get much more air than that..also check out hempy buckets ive had great success with them..put a layer if hydroton on the bottom to keep it in

5. 100% coco does not allow enough air to the roots IMPO.....
    If you want larger plants, simply mix a 5gal bucket of perlite and a 5gal bucket of coco..

Ya, IMPO the hempy bucket was the most useless thing created in hydroponics....
    If you want large plants as I do.....

6. Ok thats why ive got a half lb per plant with it plus lucas formula

7. I average 10-14 Oz of cured medication per plant so for you to boast to me about 8 Oz per plant is kind of laughable...
    Well, at least I think it's funny anyway.... :D

8. Ooh 2-4 more oz..just saying its not worthless or anything but good luck anyways man

9. You can increase your yield if you use a real hydro system with a real nutrient lineup....
    The lucas formula was NOT created to grow cannabis, it was simply adapted by growers trying to save money....

Not to be rude, but you came out with 2 of the most useless things in hydroponics (IMPO)...
    Hempy and lucas formula.... lmfao

Good luck to you though.... :wave:

10. Yea i havent used lucas or hempy in years was just trying to help..thanks though

11. Well anyone that knows me on this board will tell you loud and clear...
    I'm no rookie when it comes to hydroponics...

After reading through your threads quickly, maybe you should read through my grows...
    Maybe you can pick up some pointers because most of the threads you started asking questions, I've covered already...
    So I'm sure you will find my threads useful information you to....

12. So did you already add the hydroton? Im doing 50/50 perlite coco in sip buckets with a controller and was interested how well it works

13. Ya, just follow along.....
    Sink or swim, we're all going to watch together..... :D

14. Thats cool man im on the app so didnt see ur rep or posts..just used to helpin noobs ya know

15. Really TT, it's a 33% mix..... :D lol
    Because I took 5gal of 50/50 I had pre-mixed and added in 5gal of hydroton... ;)
    So really it's a 33.3% mix of Coco, Perlite, and Hydroton...

16. Nice i always wondered about adding hydroton but never seen anyone whos done it so didnt want to experiment myself lol..im along for the ride :)

17. Well that's why I said this was an experiment in my first post... :p
    I'm the type of grower which likes to take conventional growing to the limit...

So again, sink or swim, we're all going to learn if it works or not, together as a growing community....
    Like a lot of people, as soon as it starts to fail, they stop posting updates....
    Personally I like failure, because IMPO we do not learn without it... ;)

Stick around TT, should be a fun grow to watch play out... :wave:

18. Finally !!..i'm on time for the parrrty!YES!

19. here is the cola like 5 weeks in of my rp purple wreck. its great stuff.

[​IMG]