DNA Genetics 60 Day Wonder

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by toxicXchocobo, Apr 27, 2010.

1. #1 toxicXchocobo, Apr 27, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 27, 2010
    Anyone know if this is true?
    Hoping for some personal growers' experiences with this strain.

I've been looking for something that I could use as a quick grow while I do some of the longer grows like Sativa strains. If I could keep this going under light 24/7 (maybe first two weeks then 18/6 if power bill gets too high) and be done in two months that'd be awesome.

Any other speedy recommendations also appreciated.
    Noticed some Advanced Seeds company selling a few that also say "60 day harvest" that are Autoflowering as well, but never really heard of this company.

2. planted mine 4/01 started flowering on 4/25

3. I'm about 6 weeks in with two of these gals and they're in full flower mode and should be ready in about 2-3 weeks, pretty much as advertised. About 17 on / 7 off.

4. do either of u have grow logs on them? Ive been interested in the strain myself

5. i may be missing something here but it sounds like a normal autoflowering strain...if it is, you might wanna consider lookin into all the available autoflowering seeds, theres a pretty good variety.

6. no..williams wonder is a oldskool strain from 25-30 years ago...
    and it's start to finish in 60 days...not all auto's flower this fast with this kinda weed..
    some take 70, some 90 days...

anything from DNA is legit...
    very good breeding over there..
    stable shit..

7. 60 days is when you CAN start to harvest .. add another week to two for trichs to mature properly.... sorry Custom had to add that ..other then that Custom is right Willies Wonder is some good ole fashioned grass, and not to have a nose snubbed at ..

other Autoflowers I suggest include : Lowryder 2, EZ ryder, Flower Power

I cannot recommend any auto from Nirvana seeds at this time. a 10 pack of Short Riders didn't flower ( tossed em at 40 days) and out of a 3 femed freebie offer ( Bubblegum auto, JH auto, and NL auto) 1 didnt sprout ( the NL ) the other two are at day 20 now ..with no sign of flowering.

Wharf

8. i threw some rep homie..lol
    good note to add..
    i do this with some of my strain's..especially LA woman and AK47..
    that extra week can make a speedy sativa go couchlock..lol
    but it all depends on the buzz your looking for..
    an early harvest gives you high thc..low cbd etc..so very speedy effect..
    a peak harvest pick will give you a half and half most times..very body and mind buzz..
    late harvest, like letting them go asn extra week..will produce high thc and cbd etc..creating a classic couchlock..

9. I've never grown it but I have smoked it. I give WW a 7 out of 10, which puts it on par with Skunk, Big Bud, and Northern Lights in my book. A little different, nice sativa high, but I prefer the citrus flavor and it is that old school "soily" kind of flavor. Or Umame, I suppose that is the technical flavor term.

If you want it to run in true 60 day fashion you need to run it in hydro. NFT or Aeroponics is ideal, DWC could get messy but is possible too. Soil grows are going to need the extra 10 days or so that Warf is talking about.

I knew a guy that ran a williams wonder indica cross and he finished those in 45 days and it was bomb. He'd been growing it for 20 years though, so there is something to be said for experience with a strain for sure.

10. #10 custom280Z, Jun 19, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 19, 2010
    why would soil cause it to grow any longer?
    and from my experience with auto's you can also enduce flowering by select pot size, using soil...
    grow one in a one gallon...once most autoflowering strains root's start to hit side wall's and fill the soil good, they tend to want to flower...
    if you want a longer veg time out of an auto grow her in a 3 gal..
    i will agree to disagree on one point though..
    to grow any strain the "true" way..
    you do soil.......not hydro...
    soil was first, and is organic...tastes better too..
    it all started with soil on this earth not dro..so a true grow testing of any plant would be to grow one in soil....
    like your friend that has been growing willy (i call it willy cause WW is white widow ref) for 20+ years...i believe it..but i bet you my grow...that his started and was breed in soil..especially 20 years ago..we were all just getting out of old lighting indoors and revamping hydrosytem's to what they are today 20 years ago...i was there..:rolleyes:

11. #11 Snow Crash, Jun 19, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 19, 2010
    Oh goody. Custom... (the 280z is a tin can death trap)

Hydro systems grow plants more quickly. Period. You cannot even try to argue that point. They grow faster do to the electrical conductivity of the nutrient ions in solution. The uptake of nutrients is quicker through the cell wall membrane of the root system.
    The Efficiencies of Aeroponic Systems Compared To Hydroponic Systems for Growing Indoor Crops
    I'd find something else, but I'm just not inclined. NASA uses aeroponics for a reason, dude, and it's not because they think it's super cool.
    I'm not saying Hydro produces better flavors, I have never made that statement.
    I never said that soil was bad, or that organic isn't preferable.
    But for the sake of speed, the grower should choose hydro over soil.
    My friend had greenhouse lighting in a custom built basement. NFT systems have been around since the 60's and he was a UCSB botanist with access to the science earlier on.

And yes plants HAVE been growing in soil for millions if not billions of years. That was a bit obvious and goes without saying, no?

Again, Custom, you don't surprise me in the slightest. You sir are really a piece of work trying to defame.

I always defer to the public. I let them make the decision. Custom, you are going back on ignore, so don't bother replying. I won't see it.

12. What's the difference between Autoflower seeds and feminized seeds? Can the AF seeds be male and not be useable?

13. Autoflowers, flower based upon age of plant , instead of light cycle

feminized seeds are seeds that will grow out to be females

yes autos come in regular, that you will have to cull the males...

14. So how does a AF seed compare to a Feminized seed, As in time line?

15. well the difference between autoflowers and normal strains is that autoflowering strains are indicas and sativas bred with ruderalis to get it to flower naturally, then continually bred with more indicas/sativas to increase potency (ruderalis blows). im under the impression that all strains can produce feminized seeds if you get a female plant to make seeds on its own, not by pollenation but by stress of some kind.. not really sure on the specifics but feminized seeds doesnt effect growing time that im aware... just makes it far more likely that the seeds produce female plants (like 95% or sumn)

hope this helps, and if im wrong about any of these things id love learn wussup from someone with more knowledge

16. auto flower traits ;

life span, is 60-90 ( generally about 75) days "sprout til out"

Autos are not really clone-able plants. they can be cloned, but it is not worth it, as they only are in veg for a couple of weeks.

yield is around 1-3 ounces per plant ( figure an OZ or less per on your first grow)

Feminized traits :

Life span, a feminized seed is veg time ( minimum 30-45 days) + flower time (say 50-70 days) then harvest.

Feminized seeds (and regular seeds, of course) can have clones taken, which cuts down on that veg time. (1/4-1/2 the time needed to reach your wanted veg size)

yield is 2 ounces and up , all depends growing style and veg time

hope that answers ya,
    Wharf

17. #17 custom280Z, Jun 20, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 20, 2010

ok crash, talkin BS again..do you alway's look for garbage to shove in your mouth and spit out or does it grow there naturaly:confused:..
    i love how you get bent out of shape over an opinion..

only thing i was saying that as a "control" the best way to grow any strain to get a feel for it is in soil...not dro.. i think your A.D.D is kickin in again...

that is a true "control" to test strain's..not hydro like you were sayin..

hydro can be changed to easy to consider it a control..plus
    your going into self contradiction again...
    dont go tellin people not to post, i can manage to show your contradiction's without you having to read them..
    And i love the child like nah nah crap you do..talk trash about my car bro?
    why? knowing it's bad ass..
    and i never drove a car that was not a death trap...geez try a motorcylce..lol
    "I'd find something else, but I'm just not inclined"
    so basicly your looking to argue??:confused:
    no body even told you anything worth getting all cry baby over anyway..lol

"If you want it to run in true 60 day fashion you need to run it in hydro"

just not true...bottom line...but he also goes on to say how he's never even grown any either...lol
    it's called 60 day wonder for a reason..and all because plant's uptake nutes faster in hydro, and yes grow faster, (no one ever said they did not!) lol...does not mean the flowering period is shorter than in soil with the same strain...
    bottom line...you still never even answered my first question , nor did you want to...lol
    -rep for you!

oh next time, why don't you practice what you preach bro..
    look at your sig, but yet your first to start firing off at the peter beater you call your mouth..

18. The best answer to anger is silence??? looks like your anger towards an opinion was not very silent bro. I grow aero and soil and was a doing aero 20 years ago. some strains dont like it at all but do excellent in soil. and NASA uses it cause of the lack of gravit in space. all of us do our thing man and all of us see little tricks that aid us in what we are doing, once we determine that we cant learn somthing from anyone we have stopped learning all together.

• Like Like x 1
  19. excelent 45...
    could not of said that better myself...
    and your dead on about why they use water in space..
    my uncle(moms bro) has been fire chief of NASA for over 35 years now:D
    non toker..lol
    but cool guy..
    he used to send us the space badges from the mission's they would do...they give out the same ones they put on the nauts jackets..
    i got apollo 11 ones worth $$ challenger etc..
    hell i went to space camp! lol
    gravity and the simple fact they use water as there hydration source, fire safety system's..hydrogen burning system etc..
    it would not even make sense to use soil and add one extra thing to an already tiny atmosphere hey have to cope with in space..
    but snow crash has been an engineer for 9 years like me too i guess and knows everything cause he has done like 2 grow's...lol
    and uses nice square pot's...lol
    i just dont think he knows that alot of growers here can grow and do grow better than himself..not to mention experience level..
    my 26 years vs his 2 grows:rolleyes:
    i was even respectfuly giving my opinion as well the first time...very ..

no reason to bring down vibes in a thread cause your post is non agreed with..
    childish as hell..

20. just to give my input on the "60 day" theory. in ideal conditions (outdoor) they PROBABLY could be cut in 60 days. i've grown some auto's that after 8 weeks still had 50% clear trich's. i was also growing under cfl's so i let them go almost 10 weeks. produced a very nice buzz. after 8 weeks under a 1000w hps you might be able to yank em, depends on what kind of high you like. the 60 days is a very rough estimate...use a 60x scope to check the trich's, don't rely on the breeder packs, it's mini marketing.