DMB:Big Whiskey and the GrooGrux King

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by hockeyman07, Jun 4, 2009.

1. Just picked it up, pretty good album. Defiently new stuff, my favorite is: Funny the Way It is.

Glad they came out with a new album.

..I wanna go to a DMB concert this summer, smoke j's and enjoy the music.

2. I love DMB, but it seems that I'm the only one who thinks the new album isn't that great. It's good, and listenable, but personally I don't think it compares to the older stuff. They tried to mix in too many new effects and stuff, it's kinda offputting to me.

Still so much better than the other modern albums being released, of course. And I too am happy they came out with a new album just as a principle.

What's your favorite album? Mine's Busted Stuff

3. this is how i know i'm really high man ok look
    [​IMG]lmao !!!!

[​IMG] wtf ????

[​IMG] i'm seeing him in October at Austin City Limits !

jimi thing is my favorite song

4. listened to it once so far and i definitely like it. better than some of their last few i think. not sure what my fav song is yet

5. Dude..i agree. I just don't want to admit it cuz I spent 10$ on it. I miss there old stuff so much, after like busted stuff ehh idk. Central Park concert had some killer songs now I agree, this is off. THe song that reminds me of the past is "Funny how it is" track 3. It's great. Other than that Im with ya.

6. Yeah man. Part of me wants to say it's because LeRoi isn't around anymore, since he was more of a songwriting influence on the early stuff, but I think they all kind of fell into the New Orleans style music heavy recently.

My mom actually got me into DMB, and way back in the day Carter was my main influence for wanting to start playing the drums in 4th grade. She just likes everything they put out though, where I'm more nostalgic I guess. It's good they still play great jams and all the good songs at their shows though.

7. hahaahah pot of gold.. that shit was way to fucking funy man on your youtube link

8. :smoke:

9. hahha isnt it, i died the first time i saw it.