Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Djamp's Guide on "How to make a Water Bottle Bong"

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Djamp_, Nov 12, 2010.

1. #1 Djamp_, Nov 12, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 12, 2010
    Run out of papers? You cat smashed your glass pipe? New to smoking? In search of a tool so that you can smoke your bud, and use it as back up in case something happens?

Look no further friends, for i will teach you how to make a useful water bottle bong. Made from things you would normally find around an average house, its simple to make and easy to use. :cool: Hell ive even made one from a ketchup bottle once, so this thing is pretty universal.

First off, we need to gather some materials.

[​IMG]

1. scissors
    2. lighter
    3. stem (look on bottom of thread of how to make one)
    4. socket to fit your stem ( i used a 1/4 )
    5. TAPE
    6. Water bottle (any plastic bottle will do, im using a Gatoraid bottle)

Ok now that you have everything, lets get started..

1. First, take your stem and position it next to the bottle, and average where you need to make the hole. I positioned my stem so that it was not touching the bottom, but its like 2 inches from it..

[​IMG]

2. Lets start making the hole. What we need to do now is take our scissors, and heat up one blade with our lighter.

[​IMG]

Once the blade is HOT, poke it into the bottle where you want the hole to be. Once in, start twisting it in a clock-wise motion until the hole is big enough to fit the stem.

Here is my hole (lol)
    [​IMG]

3. Now we stick the stem into the hole.
    [​IMG]

4. Now we need to make the stem point downwards like so, but without you holding it.

[​IMG]

Cut about 2.5 inches of tape, and what you want to do is tape the Stem so that it is in a fixed position like the picture above. Usually it takes more than one piece, so dont be shy with the tape.

Should come out like this.

[​IMG]

Almost done

5. Now we need to make a carb, this is an essential part for any homemade bong.

Fill up the bottle with water, but only enough for the bottom piece of the stem to be submerged just by an inch or 2.

[​IMG]

Then what you are going to do is mark a spot where you want the carb to be, i would do it somewhere in the middle of the bottle so it feels easier

(by the way, you dont put the carb where the water is going to be)

Here is my Carb

[​IMG]

Finally, your finished.

My Finished Product.

[​IMG]

This process takes no more than 10 mins if you have everything ready, which is pretty fast imo.

Hits pretty smooth, and i have no problems smoking with it.

Hope you liked the guide, and i will be editing this for improvements/new ways to make homemade bongs.

Just pack your bowl, and enjoy the trip :cool:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hXlqgshHc1M"]YouTube - Bong final ..[/ame]

Extra Guides:
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4HA2ftisEo"]YouTube - How to make water bottle bong stem[/ame]

2. You'll be burning plastic...

3. Good guide, +rep :smoking:

4. thats why its not reccomended for major use.

Its a homemade bong that anyone can make, but you kind of get a tase of plastic..thats why i recommended getting a glass stem, and not use this thing every day..just as a back up :p

5. Just get a trumpet mouthpiece and a large marker tube to make a slide+bowl. No need for a carb+no burning plastic :)

6. unlike most people, im strapped for cash right now..

saturday im gonna buy a glass pipe and that would be my first and last piece for a LONNGGG time haha

plus, if you relaize you run out of papers at night, no one wants to run to the store in the cold and pick up some...

This gives you something new to learn and its pretty interesting what people can do to modify/improve it..:D

7. good guide man, nice contribution. +rep

8. I've done this but using my oneie as the stem/bowl. Can pull it out to clear or make a carb hole like you did.

9. Lol I remember I stole one from my band class one time and then returned it at the end of the year. Didn't even wash it lol it look pretty sick.

10. I've made these using those spring doorstops. Just unscrew it, and slide a screen through it near the fat end. Worked great.

11. I found a metal pen to take apart and use where it connects to the socket. Then a couple inches lower I pushed in the plastic pen and that way the heat isn't enough to melt the plastic by the time it gets to the plastic.

12. vnice, another way to do it is buy one of those weed pipes that you can dismantle take the elbow off and the thing you suck on and use that instead of the pen thing and metal thing thats what i did

13. any improvements i need to make on the thread guys?

anyone use this at all?

need some feedback on my first guide lol

14. #14 glass_head, Oct 7, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 7, 2016
    This seems more elegant and less toxic

15. Brah. I noticed you revived all these old dead water bottle threads. Don't use this, it's for children. Shits bad for you. Just go buy a real bong for 20$.

Sent from my XT1585 using Grasscity Forum mobile app