DJ Tiesto

Discussion in 'Clubs, DJ’s and Festivals' started by mushroomsatsuji, Feb 9, 2011.

1. Not a fan of Tiesto at all, Diplo sure made him look good though

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gujB7A5ycew]YouTube - Tiësto vs Diplo - C'Mon[/ame]

2. ive been usin loan money to pay for my doses but that well is gonna run dry soon, i think reso plays in philly at starlight the 11th of march then goes on to play at massive, still debating on whether ill be goin to that or massive probably depends if i can crash at my boys house at towson cuz i aint makin that drive back after aint tryin to get pulled over after a night of eatin

3. Rusko is getting real nice live, he's been improving his shows greatly with every tour. He's been in the studio a lot lately I'm pretty sure so I think his upcoming tour is gonna be killer, too bad I won't be able to go this time around:(. Hear nice things about mimosa too.

4. rusko live kinda sucks...seen him 3 times...well he doesnt suck but hes definetly not doing anything impressive

all he does is play flux pvillion and doctor P tunes, then his popular stuff...he will say at least 5 times a show that this next song is "brand new" even tho it never is...seen him mess up REALLy bad twice, in 3 shows, and 2 of them werent even full sets (at festies)..one time music completely stopped, along with the lights, huge fuck up

i mean its a fun show to rage but he doesnt bring anything new to the table i guess...i wont be seing him again unless its at a festie and no one else good is playing at the time

mimosa is sick tho

5. I'll never understand house/techno or whatever the hell these noises are categorized as.

It all just sounds like Untz Untz Untz to me. I can kind of listen to some dubstep...for about 3 or 4 minutes and then I have to listen to some real music. At least dubstep has some crazy noises and breaks apart the monotony of simply UNTZ UNTZ UNTZ. The trance/techno type music just sounds like some lame background track to DDR or something...

I dunno.

I just will never understand.

6. i will also never understand your jam bands, shit sounds awful to me...went to bisco last year and legit saw 5 minutes of tDB, then left, cuz it sucked so bad

thought u liked Pretty Lights? i know u saw them in albany last year

7. Jam bands are pretty aquired taste... but suck??? no. Its literally NOT possible.

Jerry died for your sins and THIS is how you thank him?! :D

Does tDB stand for The Dave Matthews Band or Disco Biscuits? If it stands for DMB, then I'd leave too, DMB is a wannabe jam band that is basically just another corporate sellout, its fuckin bro music.

ON TOPIC: Tiesto is overrated. My Rock n Roll Methods teacher loves him, but he also loves Gwen Steffani so...

8. Its cool man. Im still trying to figure out this whole wiz kalifornia guy

Even yall who say hes over rated, you gotta admit thats a badass video

9. obviously disco biscuits...but i stand by what i said, jam bands suck imo...they are only enjoyable when ur dosed out of your fucking skull and rolling face...and even then its just alright, simply cuz your on drugs...5 minutes of the biscuits at camp bisco was too much for me...best part of their 6 sets over the weekend was whan they played electric avenue over the speakers before they started their last set, at least their lasers are cool

next year im gonna bring my ipod and soundproof earbuds and listen to my ipod during their last set and enjoy the lasers to my music

ive tried to like jam bands, seen UM, tDB, STS9, and Lotus, i just cant fucking do it anymore...most recently i saw EOTO, sick when they were spining dubstep but like half their set was like jammin out, not my style...first show ive left early cuz it sucked so bad, plus it was a LAME ass crowd too...sick when they were spinning dubstep tho

10. I guess you are really against loose improvised jams? imo its much better then scripted music, its so free and packed with so much emotion since it is improvised. Its what the players are feeling at that exact moment! Its soo beautifully cleansing.

Like they say "real deadheads dont need drugs to dance" its true.

But I like drugs too much :)

11. #31 DirtyPete, Feb 14, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 14, 2011
    See, I feel the same way about electronic music that you do about jam bands. I can enjoy it if my brain has been scrambled with terrible drugs.

I can listen to Phish all day every day, but throw on some dubstep and I need some serious drugs to get me in a state where it sounds good.

I go see DJ's to get fucked up and hook up with girls, I go see real bands to enjoy music.

String Cheese > EOTO any day.

:confused_2:

12. I went for the drugs and girls. :D

13. love tiesto.... seen him 38 times since 1999. one of my favs from his early stuff:
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3c8GhiiLCKE]YouTube - Tiesto - Music On My Mind (Unreleased 12 Inch Club Mix)[/ame]

14. if u need drugs to dance then u suck hard

im just against mindless jamming...im all about substance, which jamming is seriously lacking...just people plucking strings...idk how people rage to that shit...its soooo boring

and do u know what it means to DJ? thats when they go up on stage and essentially solo, and remix the song (dont get confused with producers, who just press play, like skrillex and deadmau5)...the concept is not very different from jamming

15. I dont NEED drugs to dance. At all actually, but I am about the inner exploration and countless other reasons for intake of chemicals.

As I said, I def. dont need drugs to dance to the Dead at all.

If you think jamming is mindless fiddling, you must listen to the Garcia!

16. last thing u wanna do is go to PL shows for girls, they are all 16 lol

plus u really seemed to like PL a while back? what happened?

17. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fLDw_gj5e3g]YouTube - Grateful Dead - Eyes of the World pt 1 - 6-17-91[/ame]

If you can listen to this song and hate jam bands... I just don't know how you live.

18. im with this fella, drugs just enhance the musical experience i can listen to all my music w/o them it just sounds better after a nice cocktail :hippie:

19. when i watched the disco biscuits at bisco, i was peaking on 4 hits of headie festival acid, 3 rolls, and been taking key bumps of coke like during all of Bassnectars set right before it

even on all those drugs, i just couldnt do jam bands...and ive tried since then to like them too, just cant do it, too boring for me...dont get me wrong...im not one of those new dubstep fans all about filth and excision and datsik, i love bassnectar and pretty lights, but i know whats up and been in the game for a while, and jam bands just dont do it for me

house, electro, and dubstep are where im at...maybe a lil psytrance mixed in there too

20. Well, that was at a time when I thought electronic music was for me...and I really gave it a shot, I wanted to enjoy it. It just didn't happen.

Anyway, I do like Pretty Lights, but his stuff sounds more like hip hop beats than anything else. :confused_2:

Plus I knew a gang of 18+ (lol) girls who went so I didn't have to go scrounging through the rubbish to find a legal one. :D

I'm still planning on seeing Bassnectar in April too, I can enjoy the music, and the atmosphere, and the people when I go see pretty much any live music, but if I'm sitting around my house I just can't stand to listen to electronic music for longer than 10 minutes or so.