DJ Shorts Flo

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by bbpooter10, Jun 30, 2009.

1. So I was wondering if anybody could help me/ give me tips on growing this fine strain.
    She's 5 weeks old (4 weeks in veg and 1 week in flower) 30 inches, and under a 150w hps light. But shes still growing, she grew 12 inches in the last week. I dont know if thats bad or good, but shes just tall and not really bushy. So this is where I need a lil help,

1 Should I keep moving the light up, or should I leave it? (Im afraid she'll get too close and burn)

2 Is she supposed to be bushy by now?

3 Did I put it into flowering too early?

Those are the main questions as well as others but Im just really concerned about my baby right now. haha. But I would really appreciate anyones advise or input. Thanks

2. High there, pictures would help dude. It sounds like she has stretched is all but she might not have many bud sites. You may have to keep moving the lights as she will stretch even more during flowering.

Good luck

3. So here are some pics of her, hope this helps...

ooooooommmmmmmggggggg 005.jpg

ooooooommmmmmmggggggg 006.jpg

ooooooommmmmmmggggggg 007.jpg

ooooooommmmmmmggggggg 008.jpg

ooooooommmmmmmggggggg 009.jpg

ooooooommmmmmmggggggg 010.jpg

4. Wow she has stretched like crazy dude, all that stem with not many bud sites. Tie her down dude. She is going to grow even more, so be gentle with her.

Good luck

5. Oh shit, so i fucked up? Wut should I do next?

6. Tie her down but do it slowly and over time if you can. You need to avoid stress as that might make her go hermie so just take it easy with her.

7. So I need to tie it up and everything should be okay?

8. I would think so dude, but who knows how much she will grow.

Good luck

9. Ya shes still growing like mad, but Im not trippin as much... Thanks guys...

10. Haha you mean thanks Usual Suspect?:p

Yeah hopefully after tieing her down she'll be alright, looks like she will yield a shit load if you can get her to stop stretching.

11. I'm no expert, but it looks to me like it's just a sativa-dominant strain that did its early flowering stretch. Yes it's a little stretched, but that's not totally abnormal for that kind of plant. Just make sure your 150w HPS is as close to the plant as you can get it without heat problems. 150w is a little on the low side, but you should be able to get it pretty close. Especially if you use a cool tube or other air-cooled hood.

If you want to tie it down, that's cool too, I just wouldn't think you absolutely have to. Be careful with trying to train a plant this late also, you can break the stem if you try to bend it too much. Go slowly and gradually guide it where you want it.

12. Haha...My bad, thanks Usual Suspect...Ya ipwnF00lz my buddy and I were thinking that because it has a lot of bud sites and the stems seem pretty strong...but who are we...haha...But atta boy D.V. thanks for the input, and I think ur right on the sativa dominate, and it doesnt look abnormal to us we were just trippin cuz it isnt as bushy as most plants on G.C. Haha

Shes still growing, shes 34 inches now, but her buds are getting bigger everyday. We've been using a tablespoon of unsulfered mollasses mixed in water everytime we water and we've been thinking it could be because of that but we dont know, is that ok to do this early?

13. Yo, sorry for the delay, my internet has been down. Glad to hear they are growing nice the buds will only get better. I leave molasses until later flowering but it is safe to use now. I only use it every 3-4 waterings same with my nutes. Good luck