DJ Short Blueberry 40 days into flowering

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Blaze all day, Oct 21, 2008.

1. #1 Blaze all day, Oct 21, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 21, 2008
    Almost ready to harvest:hello:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    400w HPS, fox farm ocean forrest soil, fox farm nutes.
    What do the blades think?

2. loookin good nice and frostyy... just doesnt seem to have much girth to it is it the strain?

3. From what I've read the DJ short blueberry tends to have skimpy yields for an indica dom strain, so I'm hoping its the strain and not me;)

4. #4 Vader Haze, Oct 22, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 22, 2008
    Look like some nice Buds.

Went a little overboard on the Ferts though. Or pH LockOut from the way the leaves look.

Good Stuff.

5. yeah it does look a little skimpy, has to be the strain.

6. looks frosty dude, id definitely hit it

7. OMG soo sexy very nice plant

8. Beautiful, variegated leaves too! Looks like you did everything right.

DJ's Blueberry is known for variegated leaves, mutant leaves, and small yields. So dont change anything. I doubt you are having any ph issues, its just DJ's Blueberry doing its thing. Looks like you did great with these. Cure it good and long and you'll be very happy with it, trust me!!

9. I was thinking it might be nute related, alredy flushed and it has 1-3 more days so I wasnt going to do anything about it, glad its just the strain. Thanks for the imput:wave:

10. You arent the first person, the first time I grew it, I couldnt figure it out. If you have DJ Blueberry and it doesnt look fucked up, you probably dont got DJ Blueberry:D. We know you do. Can be tough to figure out if you are really are having issues or its just doing the DJ mutations.

If you got any beans left and feel like being adventorous, grow one outside next year, the yield will be much much better especially planted directly in the ground. DJ Blueberry doesnt like being rootbound.

I think it might be time to pony up $170 for some more of these beans, been a few years since I had some fresh blueberry:)

The longer in the jar, the better it gets!!

11. Ive been wanting to do an outdoor grow for a while but my back patio (no grass either-I live in a townhome) doesnt get enough year round sunlight to do a grow:( Yep, i hear the bluberry flavor comes from a nice long cure?

12. Yes the longer it sits in the jar, the better the taste is. Shit is like fine wine. I use to grow with my brother and he hoarded some of our outdoor stuff from 2003 all the way until the beginning of April/May 2005 when we started planting for that year, that was the best tasting joints I have ever smoked. I smoked a few doobs with him in between that time like when I visited his place on holidays and I remember each joint tasted better and better. I could never save it that long, glad he did.

13. I was totally enjoying my blueberry yogurt until i saw this. .

now im insatiable

nice looking buds man

looks like some primo smoke on the way

14. Theres no way its gunna stay around for that long, I'm shocked your brother had it for 2 years.
    Thanks man;)

15. sorry if i didn't catch it i just skimmed through when you gonna chop her?

16. looks good. but let her finish up to 60 days. she will beef up a tad more but the potency/taste/aroma will be much stronger if you let it finish right

17. did i read you saying that you're a few days from harvest? i don't think you're that close. i'd give it a couple more weeks. have you checked the trichomes?

18. I was thinking about choppin her within the next 3 days but I'll probly end up lettintg her go longer than planned
    Thanks for the advice, probly gunna let her go a bit longer now:wave:
    Ive been looking at grow journals and it seems most are chopped around 45-50 days into flowering, I was shooting for 42 so I get a nice heady high. I just recently got a mangifier, been having trouble getting into focus so I've been basing my harvest dates more off of the pistils.
    This is my first grow by the way

19. I have to agree...DJs Blue is tricky...its a true blue blooded strain and wont take much deviation. It seems to be nute sensitive and anything above 900 ppm hydro it starts to act weird...it also seems to like more frequent but shorter feedings..I usually do 10 minutes every 3 hours...DJ intended for it to be a quality over quantity strain so yields arent always great...But if Im gonna grow personal then quality is my biggest motivator anyway.

20. I'm running DJ short blueberry in DWC right now and if I gave her 900ppm's she'd laugh at me.

1400ppm and she's the healthiest looking of all my plants.