DJ Screw

Discussion in 'Clubs, DJ’s and Festivals' started by KeepSmokinReefa, Dec 17, 2006.

1. Who here bumps DJ Screw and his ol Screw tapes n shit.

For yall not in the know, DJ Screw is credited for creating the genre, Screwed and Chopped, Of music. Which started out in rap, And has turned over into some rock latley.

DJ Screw was more into the aspect of screweing the music, Which is slowing it down. He did it because it imitated the effect of drankin purple drank and listenin to music. It seemed slowed down, Thats how he liked his music so he fucked around with and it ended up creating a whole legacy.

He screwed famous rap songs and made his own rap songs. Did alot of this jus from a room in his own house. Had a huge fanbass in houston.

He passed on in 2000, Off a rumored codiene overdose from the drank purple drank. R.I.P. Robert Davis Jr.

Anyways, Who bumps DJ Screw or screwed and chopped music in general?

Whatcha'll favorites or jus list some good screwed songs.

My favorite by DJ Screw right now is Swangin' n Bangin'.

My other favorite, Which says its screwed by DJ Screw. Which im not positive if it was or not, Because i havnt found proof it was or wasnt, But wasnt created by him is Regulators. The ol classic by Warren G screwed is like number one on my playlist latley. Also been bangin cross roads, Some ol Screw freestyles, Southside Roll On Choppaz, Ghetto Tales, And alot more all screwed.

Whatcha'll favs?

2. anything wit screw and keke
    or screw and z-ro

3. i like some screwed and chopped mike jones, lil flip, and slim thug shit has mad bass

4. i like mike watts he pretty chill for nowadays chopped n screwed, but damn,any screw song on 3 n tha mornin pt 1 or pt 2, both classic

5. Michael "5000" Watts is straight fire, and Three Six Mafia [DJ Paul & Juice Man].

6. hell yeah screwed and chopped is tight. regulators was probably what got me into it dj screw did some crazy shit. i like chamillionaire before he was mainstream, lil flip, yung ro, screwed up click, color changin click, all that shit.