Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

DIY

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by honeybunchhh, Nov 4, 2013.

1. Best way to make a bong?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. put weed into a friends anus, lock your mouth to theirs, get another friend to light the weed as you begin to suck slowly

3. #3 tok1nwh1teb0y, Nov 4, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 4, 2013
    ^lol... anyway all you really need is a socket, a lighter, and a plastic/glass bottle. Make a hole in the side of the bottle at the very bottom with the lighter. Next use the lighter to make a hole on the cap big enough to fit the socket in all snug like. Then take your weed and break it up put it in the socket. Take your finger cover the hole at the bottom of the bottle and fill it with water. Then screw the cap on and use your other hand to light the lighter and hold it over the socket. Now take your finger off the hole in the bottle and the water will drain out while pulling smoke into the bottle. Let all the water drain out and unscrew the cap put your mouth on the lid and take the biggest breath ever hold it in as long as possible and bam.... Ur high

4. #4 Storm Crow, Nov 5, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 5, 2013
    Be careful about the plastic! Nothing too hot to touch, or any embers should come in contact with the plastic! Here's why!

http://forum.grasscity.com/bongs-bubblers-water-pipes/1084354-pot-wont-kill-you-but-your-bong-might.html

And that "hold it in as long as possible" is wrong! It takes only a few seconds for your lungs to remove the THC from the smoke (just like it does with oxygen). 

Breathhold duration and response to marijuana smoke.       (abst - 1989)
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/2554344?ordinalpos=1&itool=EntrezSystem2.PEntrez.Pubmed.Pubmed_ResultsPanel.Pubmed_DiscoveryPanel.Pubmed_Discovery_RA&linkpos=2&log$=relatedarticles&logdbfrom=pubmed

"Typical marijuana effects (increased heart rate, increased ratings of "high" and impaired memory performance) were observed under each of the breathhold conditions, but there was little evidence that response to marijuana was a function of breathhold duration."
    \nResponse to marijuana as a function of potency and breathhold duration        (abst - 1991)
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/2027922?ordinalpos=1&itool=EntrezSystem2.PEntrez.Pubmed.Pubmed_ResultsPanel.Pubmed_DiscoveryPanel.Pubmed_Discovery_RA&linkpos=1&log$=relatedarticles&logdbfrom=pubmed

"The results confirm previous findings that prolonged breathholding does not substantially enhance the effects of inhaled marijuana smoke."

Holding it in "long and hard" not only is ineffective, but can damage your lungs! :eek:

“Usual" cannabis abuse producing an unusual incident        (abst – 2007)    
    (The Valsalva maneuver is performed by attempting to forcibly exhale while keeping the mouth and nose closed.  Don't do it!)         http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17342632

"A 17-year-old male presented in an agitated, deranged state with rapidly increasing swelling of the neck. Except for regular abuse of cannabis there was no medical history of note. He had a sinus tachycardia (130 bpm), a slow pupillary reflex, bilateral hyposphagma and subcutaneous emphysema around the neck and shoulders.

Laboratory tests showed elevated inflammatory markers. The chest X-ray demonstrated a bilateral pneumothorax and large subcutaneous emphysema. Subsequent computed tomography of neck and thorax showed an extensive pneumomediastinum and the described subcutaneous emphysema. There was no evidence of a ruptured trachea or esophageal perforation. The underlying cause was presumed to have been a Valsalva maneuver during marijuana smoking."

The kid recovered, but they dumped him in a psych ward for 5 days!

More factual information can be found in "Granny Storm Crow's List", free online and on facebook, or get your own PDF copy by sending me an email (bottom of my sig), or PMing me yours! :yay:

Granny

5. The above mentioned waterfall bong is great but you'll have to refill it for every hit. What I use is a 2 liter soda bottle as a base, a long skinny flashlight tube for a downstem, and a trumpet mouthpiece for a bowl. Cut a hole about 3/4 of the way down the bottle that matches the size of the flashlight tube. But the tube in so it sticks out slightly and seal the hole (I use jb weld). I use a rubber band to hold the downstem at an upwards angle while it's sealing. The steeper the angle, the easier it is to get a good water level. Fill with water so that the water level is above the bottom of the downstem but below the top of it, put the bowl in the downstem, pack with bud, and voila! This thing can be hit back to back indefinitely. It takes a little work to throw together but once you have it made itll last quite a while. If you're looking for a disposable, safe solution just stick to joints or make an apple pipe brov

(I also build unique, more advanced diy smoking devices i.e. valve locked waterfalls, integrated perc designs, double chamber with a vertical bowl, etc. So if you want to discuss some other ideas or designs feel free to message me!)