DIY - ONA Odor Control Bucket (CHEAP & EASY!)

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself' started by Newbiegrowr, Jan 9, 2011.

1. i will let yall knw hw it wrks 4 me.

2.  You might be onto a nice little invention right there, make is battery powered and maybe a little smaller, personal smoke catcher?

3. #423 Kharonic, May 31, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 31, 2015
    how effective do you think this system would be in a 10x10 space? with say 20-40 plants?

*nvm i see the results other people had, well done great idea!

4. #424 PapaGanj, Jun 28, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 29, 2015
    Recently whipped this up based on this guys great idea.

It's a 5$ computer fan with the small stand taken off, fitted into the lid of that coffee can.

The coffee can have 5 or 6 half inch holes drilled into it about 3 quarts the way up.
    Inside are 5 bounce sheets fitted around the inside of the can.

Works great to get rid of that vegging weed smell. I have 12 small 1 month old seedlings, and together they produce quite the smell. But this was an easy 15 minute thing to get rid of the smell.

Only temporary of course until I can build an ONA bucket. But works very well for the effort.

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1435522439.736862.jpg

Thanks a lot OP for this awesome scent masker! (And for giving me an idea to play with for temp) :D

EDIT
    I just noticed the dude a few posts above me quoted a guys sexy mini bucket. Essentially the same thing, but right now I have bounce sheets in mine. 🏽 awesome job dude.

5. #425 Cogni, Jul 5, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 5, 2015
  6. So if the general consensus is the soil moist or polymer is reusable is it really necessary to buy the whole pound? And if not how much might I need to fill one 5 gallon bucket?

7. This might seem like a stupid question, but does this method effect the way the actual plant smells in any way? Scientifically speaking, I don't know exactly what this neutralizing agent is doing to it's environment, so I'd be concerned about if it is somehow effecting the way the buds themselves smell. I'm sure it's a silly concern, as this surely would have been brought up by now if it was an actual issue, but I figured why not ask anyway.

8. If you are able to buy it bulk at any weight then just get a 1/4 lb...
    All you really need is a laundry scoop amount or two...you dont need to fill the bucket

9. It might only affect it if its too close to your girls or inside your tent in a small area...I had mine in my room but outside the tents and had no problems with it changing my final products smell or tasty

10. Hello. I loved it and want to try but where to buy ONA in Brazil ?

I did not find on the internet.
    Do you have more details on the chemistry of the ONA ? Are there any ingredients on label?

I thought about asking compounding pharmacy .

Thank you.

11. http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/s/ref=is_s_?ie=UTF8&k=ONA+

12. What's the most neutral smelling ona? ona pro?

13. #433 Dro Smoe, Nov 14, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 14, 2015
    Not sure, but I use the fresh linen as that makes the most sense to me.. We're just always doing laundry, duh! haha

It may already be on the thread but I'm not feelin reading all 22 pages lol... I just finished an inline bucket to remove the scent on the way out, rather than flood the grow room with it.. I'll post a diy if anyone is interested.. So far it's been running for about two weeks and still effective.. The only thing I need to come up with is an easier way to change out the gel after the bucket is connected to the exhaust ducting.

14. Saving this idea for when I start growing!

15. #435 Mr. French, Dec 5, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 5, 2015
    I could just run my tents exhaust into a setup like this, couldn't I? I apologize if it's been covered. Seems like that plus a carbon filter would work great.

16. Linen sent is the best to use..
    Next up would be the apple crumble

I use to run my exhaust out of my tent into a bucket like this @mrfrench and I also made one out of a 3 gal bucket and a removable grow basket with the basket removed might work if you could make your lid easily removable. . @drosmoe ...hows yours set up..any pics?.maybe some of us can give you some suggestions

17. Saving this thread as well. Found it years back and still love it just as much.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

18. Hey so I'm working on my own desgin to pretty much the same set up but in stead of a table fan I'm gonna use a bathroom exhaust fan a little louder but i dont need it to be stealthy im useing some old a/c hoses witch should let me mount the hoses in side my tent and suck the air in to the bucket through the exhust fan with the ona in side the bucket I haven't decided yet if I'm just gonna vent it out through the roof or just let the scent out the bucket i will also be mounting a carbon filter inside the a/c hose seems like it should do the trick either way

19. I used ONA once. I did my research. ONA is used in hospitals to remove the odor of blood from areas, like Operating Rooms, etc. it is NOT recommended for use around food. I would find another product and leave ONA to the hospitals. ONA is forbidden to be used around any food handling facilities within hospitals. peace

20. So does new research say this is a no go or are people still using it with positive results?