DIY - ONA Odor Control Bucket (CHEAP & EASY!)

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself' started by Newbiegrowr, Jan 9, 2011.

1. When i saw this thread many years ago i did somethin different.

Bought water absorbing crystals on amazon. Grabbed a bottle of ona liquid, linen kind.

Dollars store had a nice tub. Took a spoonful n a half, mixed in small tub with water n ona and set it in front of a box fan onthe floor. Added a half a cap of ona and more water once a week n flower.

Had an electrician stand in room n full flower and ask why he couldnt smell them.

Shit works. :smoke:

2. Man I used just this for the entire grow and my house smelled like a laundry mat. Works like a charm no more filters for me this works 100% better😊😊😊😊

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. Just set up a bucket like yours, except using only gel, works great! Whole house smells like a laundromat as the above poster said. At my shop they had a fan made by ona to put on top of the actual ona gel containers, but this improvised version seems just as good! Thanks!

4. #404 Firebolt420, Jun 18, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 18, 2014
    So I've been thinking about this DIY project for some time now and trying to think of how to control odor when I get to flowering. I am using a 2' x 2' cabinet that has a carbon filter and fan. I am thinking of using this method but instead of a bucket with holes drilled in it, using this http://www.homedepot.com/p/Dundas-Jafine-ProFlex-Indoor-Dryer-Vent-Kit-TDIDVKZW/202449697?MERCH=REC-_-PIPHorizontal1-1-_-NA-_-202449697-_-N

I would hook up the exhaust hose directly to this with the ONA in the bottom instead of just water. 

I see no reason why it couldn't be hooked to just a short 4" hose and a fan like this blowing into it
    http://www.amazon.com/Attwood-Quiet-Blower-White-4-Inch/dp/B003BMATFK/ref=pd_sim_hi_4?ie=UTF8&refRID=0J55AWMBTBX7JZMD7WMR

Just an idea... it would allow for the smelly air to be pulled out of one room and blown out over the ONA in another or just all in the same area.

This fan would need a 12v power source but I will be using it for that reason because I plan on drying and curing in an area that does not have power and I will be using a motorcycle battery to drive it, but a power source would be a cheap and easy fix. 

5. I'm glad to hear this is working out for you guys. My bucket is still going and I've helped a few friends put some together.

@Firebolt420: A few people have suggested something similar to that. If you put it together give us an update please!

6. Thank you OP !!

IT IS WHAT IT IS !
    Learn&Grow

7. Check mine out. Total cost because I had the fan,bucket and silicone..33.40.

11.97 for soil moist + free shipping(ebay)
    19.95 for Ona liquid 1 quart free shipping (ebay)
    1.48 for bucket lid(home depot)

ATTENTION!!!!!!!! I'd recommend going with a GALLON of liquid, I've seen it on ebay for 33.95 but it is 4 quarts! Free shipping too, on a gallon of liquid not bad!

Attached Files:

8. Bro this is excellent dude....love it...
    peace,love, and gardening

9. I'm glad to hear this is working out for so many people! And thanks for posting pictures, guys! It's always appreciated.

10. its funny ona actually jacked this idea and has their own now

11. HEY I KNOW THIS AN OLD THREAT. BUT I WAS WONDERING HOW GOOD DID IT WORK THRU UR FLOWERING STAGE? I HAVE A BIG PROBLEM, MY PLANTS ARE REALLY STARTING TO SMELL REALLY DANK. I LIVE B MY SELFAT HOME. BUT IM WORRIED ABOUT MY NEIGHBORS....

12. This worked great during flowering for myself and many other people.

13. Caution Ona bucket.
    Hi, well I'm sittin here waitin to get busted because my Ona bucket was too strong. I made it nice and strong when I switched into flower. Hung it near my bathroom window which is 3 feet from my neighbour's(right old busybody) where I was venting through a carbon filter.
    Three weeks from finish she knocked on my door 'Are you growin weed?? she asked. ' No why do you ask' says I 'I can smell it in my lounge, my kitchen, my bedroom etc.' I use very strong disinfectant says I' 'No it's definitely weed' Whoosh, boom, bang bang bang, hole through wall, cieling into the attic. To chop or not to chop?? No. Two weeks left and I haven't slept much, remember guys start off weak and away from windows.Aaaaarrrgghhh nice to unload.

14. Alright first off, nice job on the idea (even though it was 3 years ago), it's an awesome idea and glad to see it worked!

I got an idea and I'm not sure if anyone has already done it since I've skipped through to the end after reading a few pages..
    Has anyone tried buying an air purifier and adding the Ona liquid and soil moist with water and letting that do the work instead of a fan and a bucket?

So you vent through a carbon filter out your window and put the ONA bucket near the window?

16. Carbon would last alot longer so it would be alot cheaper

Attached Files:

17. And of course poke holes where cotton is at

18. hey, I was wondering if this will still work if i put the gel outside my closet while the window is open non stop in the actual room?? This is the only fresh air my plants are getting and i dont want to cut it off unless i have too 

It will work. You'll probably want the fan to be sucking air in towards the bottom of your bucket. You can also flip the fan around to shoot the ONA scent all around the room.

Personally I would try it with the fan sucking air in. I would also place my bucket in front of your closet door (if that's where most of the scent is escaping from).

20. #420 stealth.or, Apr 2, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 2, 2015
    is there a DIY for the ONA compounds?