DIY micro pc grow box help

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by Rathis, Apr 23, 2011.

1. PC its barebone everything stripped 14*6*14 looking to make a DIY carbon filter for 20-30 bucks and a DIY hydro set up that is only 2-5 inches tall, need to buy 2-3 fans then strip and connect to outlet, some sort of reflective material by the foot for cheap(mylar most likely), 125w filez 6500k/2700k with fixture (around 100$ total for everything) so if this works i can transfer the bulbs to better projects, Lowyrder dwarf mix(10 seeds for 65 not feminized but their only 30-50cm tall which is perfect), and nutes/odor gels(if carbon filter isn't good enough) for a total of 30 bucks. comes out around 200 bucks total looking around for things i can use to decrease cost any ideas be great to get this to go.

Idea is to use this for plant/fungi chamber and only have 1-4 plants at a time more likely 2. Let veg for 1.5 months minimum(have some weird idea this will make higher yield) and flower for 2-3 weeks hoping for 40g dry if everything is done right with SCROG/LST i know i will probably only get in between 10-30g a plant if everything goes well but figure why not aim a tad high. Ordering the lights in the meantime anyone point me to a good DIY hydro guide found carbon filter and some good nutes for this.

If there was anything i didn't point out let me know this should be up and going in 2-4 weeks kinda want to build it myself over just buying one and customizing it a bit. Will see what i can do in the meantime to get pics.

2. whoa wait a minute....veg for 1.5 MONTHS? And 3-4 plants might not be too many for just a pc case? I thought these grows were small?:eek:

3. yeah veg for like 1.5 months honestly is the plan and then top it off with 2 weeks flowering. Going to start with just one and if its succesful(and female) go to 2 and see if i can fit that in while looking for a mini fridge to upgrade in size(hopefully one that runs about 70F to keep it rather cool.

4. #4 TranceKid, Apr 23, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2011
    Well man, my clones are 11 days old and they're already 10 inches... I can't imagine vegging for 1.5 months :eek:

Oh and they're autoflowering....they don't need a "flowering" phase of lighting lol
    18/6 should do it for the whole grow. I've heard after about 20 days or so they should start to show their flowers...

5. #5 Rathis, Apr 23, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 23, 2011
    Yeah even with autoflowering i kinda just want to veg light for 1.5 months with that light set and then switch to 2 weeks flowering light if needed a extra week will give for some reason think that will work pretty well seen a lot of people quit veg lights around 1 month or so for micro wanted to try this out and see if its better.

6. Now i have a question can you use any fan 80/120mm for exhaust was planning on 2 80mm for intake but 1 120mm fan turned reverse for outtake? will this work.

7. Ummm.... flower for 2-3 weeks, huh? Good luck with that... :rolleyes:

-Loki

8. #8 TranceKid, Apr 24, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2011
    Well man I build custom computers for friends and family and if you turn a fan the other way or the other way it works the same...it just changes the direction of air flow.

What I think you should do is do 1 120 mm intake and 1 120 mm for exhaust or 2 for exhaust and a passive intake. Make the intake on the bottom of the side and the axhausts on the top of the other side..?

9. don't autoflowers begin to flower regardless if the lights are veg lights after 4 weeks figured i could just keep with veg lights is what i meant by vegging till 6 weeks and switch to flowering lights then.

10. Autoflowers dont need anything special man....You can run the same type of lighting the whole time as long as they get like 18/6 or 24/0 light schedules...:)

11. Auto flowers will flower whenever they feel like it... The light schedule won't effect them, they'll be done when they're done.

If you want control over when your plants start flowering, you want non-autos...

You should use a 24/0 light schedule the whole grow. Some people claim you want a redder light when flowering, but that's bullshit... Either will work fine, but blue heavy lights are better if your temps are under control...

-Loki

12. Yea lowryder show sex about 3 weeks into there grow and after that it takes about 40-45 days till they are ready for harvest.

13. Thank you i was looking into lowryder purple jem as a alternative choice espically for first grow. Something about purple buds just makes me want them.

14. #14 Rathis, Apr 25, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2011
    Ordered ph tester, tds(ppm) tester, bud candy, big bud, and in the mix of ordering 2-3 120mm fans(deciding if i want 1 intake with 2 outtakes), fox farm organic ocean forest, and some carbon filters. Thats pretty much it, was wondering though if you use soil can you still use certain nutes and if so which ones really are good bud candy, and big bud? figured that id only need very minimal amounts so they could last for awhile. If not guess i can save them in a closest for awhile. Good news in 2-4 weeks this be up and running upon arrival of seeds.

15. How deep do i want a rectangle tupperwear container as a pot? Would 3''-5'' suffice?