DIY MFLB Power Adapter?

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by kyle0671, Aug 26, 2012.

1. Has anybody seen one? I want to try to make my own power adapter since the the price is a little steep to buy one.

2. You're shooting for a near-impossible goal, but I agree with your opinion of it being overpriced. It honestly, like the MFLB itself, doesn't live up to the hype surrounding it. When I bought mine I was under the impression everyone had given me that I was upgrading the MFLB to desktop vape quality level, but I was wrong. The hits get a bit bigger and it's nice not having to charge batteries constantly, but you'll find that you end up combusting the weed more than normally (which is inevitable with the MFLB, no matter what the fucking fanboy's say about the hit technique causing it) and get tired of it after a week.

My recommendation would to just find the means to get a better vaporizer, a Da Buddha or an Extreme Q is a fairly inexpensive solution that will get the job done ten times better than the Launch Box. Making your own power adapter would require some master-level shit and a lot of materials that would probably end up running you just as much or more than the power adapter itself.

3. I love how every magic flight thread turns into a "buy a different vape" thread no matter what.

4. I think that unless you have an electronics background this will most probably end in either fire, injury or death. Perhaps all three at once, even.

5. you could probably do this if you figured out how to charge a battery while also using it at the same time

6. It wouldn't be terribly difficult to make. In fact, if you have basic mechanical skills and some electrical knowledge, the actual manufacturing would be fairly simple.

The tricky part is figuring out the mflb power requirements and finding an appropriate power supply. This would take time and effort (as well as cash), so it's not really worth it unless you want the challenge.

7. i thought about it but yeah you would really need some electrical skills in order to make it work/not kill yourself.

i ended up caving in and buying the power adapter which i liked an ended up not using my batteries at all anymore.

then the power adapter broke. and unlike the box itself, basically has no warranty.

disappointing experience and would never buy another if its just going to shit out on me again. good luck and let me know if you make something work

8. Last I heard the PA had some kind of warranty, I thought they were planning on having it lifetime when it first came out, but started it at 1 year.

Been a while though since I've looked at MFLB info.

9. I think even making the MFLB power adapter was tricky, so it be dangerous to attempt to replicate on your own without experience. It's a shame because I agree about the price too

10. I don't think so. First you would need to convert the AC to DC; then use a voltage regulator to control the voltage to the proper level; construct an anode/cathode system that was in the exact size of the battery and then set it up a resistant load on the other side of the circuit so that the extremely low ohmage of the MFLB does not cause the convertor to short right out. It's not easy at all; and took Magic Flight a long time to get right.

Safe charge rate for a NiMH batter is about 1/6 of the nominal power given out by the battery; doesn't quite work that way.

11. It is definitely the technique that causes the bud to combust! I combusted mine once when I was first learning how to use it but now that I have my technique down, I haven't combusted any weed in almost a year.