DIY LED Rubbermaid Advice(pics)

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by randomdude420, Nov 3, 2011.

1. #1 randomdude420, Nov 3, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 3, 2011
    So I have my tote basically all finished up I just need to finish light proofing the lid and add an exhaust.

I have an extra fan the same one in the pic I was wondering if it would be a better idea to add a computer fan instead. I don't have a spare computer fan so I will need to buy one.

Attached Files:

2. Can't see any pic, but a computer fan can circulate like 13cfm, so it's good enough for a tote.

3. [quote name='"s7exiled"']Can't see any pic, but a computer fan can circulate like 13cfm, so it's good enough for a tote.[/quote]

Pics are up now!

4. The fan you have you should keep for circulating the air, then also add a pc fan as an exhaust, and add a hole for passive intake.

5. Where can I just go and buy a computer fan

6. I have an 18 gallon rubbermaid container im using for a stealth grow. I have 2, 110 cfm computer fans (120 mm fans) in it. One is at the bottem as an intake pushing air, and one at the top as an exhaust. With 4 cfl, and an outside temp of 74, my box will run at 80 degrees F. With my LED, they are at 77.

I tried a passive intake with a small 80mm computer fan and my temps with the cfl bulbs were at 90. I ordered my computer fans from newegg.

Just a heads up.

7. I'm using a 27 gallon. I haven't made the exhaust yet. The highest my temps have been with the 100w of led is 78F and I'm kinda worried if I have an exhaust it my get to cold. The room temp is like 68 at night and 72 during the day.

But thanks on where to find the fans