DIY LED Grow light...?

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself' started by StaffOfPower, Nov 25, 2013.

1. Long story short, I have decided that this is the best path for me, both in terms of economy AND simplicity (Yes, you read that right.)

I have the knowledge required to assemble such a light, but I need to know what supplies would be required...  Mainly looking to build a light for flowering right now, but information on a veg light would be appreciated as well...

Also, not at all familiar with the lm:W ratio with LED lights...  How big of a fixture would be needed for 4 plants / a 3'10" x 5' grow room...?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Good to hear from you. Of the things you listed..... Where you recommend one look for said LEDs? Preferably without spending a fortune. Otherwise, why not buy a premise light, right?

And again this has gotta cut it for 4-5 mature plants at a time. Obviously willing to build multiple fixtures if necessary.

Last but not least, these lights should include all necessary spectrums, so that separate lights are NOT required for veg and flower... IF POSSIBLE. Very new to the specifics of LEDs, so forgive me if that's not possible.