DIY hydro setup

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself' started by SmokeyMcPot 420, May 18, 2011.

1. idk if anyones posted one but i wanted to make something small like 4-6 plants tops small hdro setup. anyone have a link to one that wouyld be very much appreciated.

2. What kind of setup do you want to run? NFT, DWC, SWC, Ebb&Flo, Static Solution, or run to waste?
    I can help you build a simple system to fit your needs.

3. If your looking for a basic hydro setup, try bubble buckets. Simple, easy, and effective. Heres the link

4. #6 High as Space, May 25, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 25, 2011
    not trying to jack your thread bro but...

i am also about to start planning a hydro grow. i have only done one soil grow before that came out alright.

Ive got a 2'7 x 2'7 x 6' tent, and i dont think i will be able to grow more than 2 plants hydro cause of the small space. i would like to grow two different strains, like Chemdawg 91 and Vanilla Kush or something like that.

i would like to scrog them to maximize the yield, but then they would be attached to the screen, and for bubble buckets dont you have to pick the net up with all the roots to change the water unless you have a controller bucket? so would i need a res/controller bucket for a scrog? and would a controller bucket be when doing 1 OG kush (chem91) and 1 Vanilla kush

thanks for the help in advance and sorry for jackin your thread

5. WTF WHERE DID YOU GET THAT SETUP BOX?! :eek: That looks perfect btw. Care to explain specs por favor? :D

6. Thank you!!! I have done a few indoor grows before but never a micro, and was very excited to under take this project!! this is also my first time with hydro (DWC), and I'm blown away!!

So my roomate moved out and left this little bedside table/cabinet thing. Anyway with that I simply cut to holes in the back (an intake and exhaste) and installed 2 fans. Next I painted the interior plain white. I've fucked around with reflective surfaces before, and unless your going to shell out the cash for Mylar or some top shelf shit. PAINT IT WHITE!
    SYSTEM

Lights
    -Currently running a 18/6 cycle
    2- 65 watt Bright White CFLs (4,200 lumen s each)
    2 23 watt Daylight CFLs (1,500 lumen s each)

Fans
    2 small fans from target (intake & exhaust)
    (will be installing carbon filter if decide to flower)

DWC

3-gallon container 4-6 site
    air-pod bubbler
    round airstone
    net pots
    hydroton

Ferts
    Botanicare Pure Blend Pro
    Botanicare Sweet Karma
    Botanicare Cal-Mag

if anyone else has any Q's post um!

7. Start a grow journal, Love to see it! :D

8. I have an old dresser i have turned into a grow box, and was planning on using soil, but seeing that nice set-up in there makes me consider going hydro. whats the scoop with your little bin and tupperware set-up? care to go into any detail on how it all works?

9. Thank you for the compliment!!

I just built this lil babe, and let me tell you, I am impressed! I've never had production like i have in that small box.

If you are considering going hydro. Let me be the first to tell you, DO IT! I've done all soil grows, this is my first time with hydro. AND I"LL NEVER GO BACK!

Soil stinks, takes forever, gets bugs, very hard to balance proper nutes. SOIL SUCKS. GO HYDRO, so much better!

anyways about my little bucket/containers. I have a 3-gallon rubbermaid, got 2 of them for $8 at lowes. cut some holes in the top, installed net cups with a little foil tape. right now I am running to small aquarium pumps with air stones in the bottom of the container.

I'm using Botanicare Nutes, just following the directions on the back of the label, doing 1/2 strength until the bitch'z get bigger.

here is a link to my journal if anyone cares to view.
    http://forum.grasscity.com/indoor-g...inet-grow-cfl-dwc-lst-scrog.html#post10728644