DIY Grow Light Hanger

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself' started by Stoner1961, Apr 3, 2018.

1. #1 Stoner1961, Apr 3, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2018
    Here are some pictures of the hanger I fabricated for my Kind K5 XL1000 LED grow light.

The first picture shows the light hanging from a chain using the provided cables. There are two problems with this setup. First, this light is heavy and adjusting the height on the chain is difficult. Second, the provided cables don't allow the light to be raised very close to the ceiling. Therefore, limiting clearance for the plants.

In the second picture you can see that I hung swivel pulleys from the ceiling and at the corners of the light. This worked okay but I didn't like the way the light swung around when adjusting the height.

The last two pictures show my final configuration using ceiling/wall mount pulleys attached to a wood frame at the ceiling as well as the ceiling itself. I still use swivel pulleys on the light with this setup.

I know they make ratchet hangers but I couldn't bring myself to hang a nearly $1500 light from those. Plus they would also need to use the provided cables that limit how close the light can get to the ceiling.

With both pulley setups the light does not go up and down evenly. However, you can easily level the light with one hand while you raise and lower the cord with your other hand. Once the cord is secured it's easy to fine tune the level.

377965488_IMG_0177.JPG 375362736_IMG_0441.JPG 375362736_IMG_0443.JPG 375362736_IMG_0442.JPG

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. thats pretty dope man, i like it

3. Awesome! I'm a cheap bastard tho. I use repurposed mini blinds with all the blinds cut off. Makes it a two string, easy level light hanger

• Like Like x 1
  4. Awsome.. same exact idea my cheap ass came up with..

• Like Like x 1