DIY Grow Box

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself' started by hemptation420, Oct 15, 2012.

1. looking very nice sir!!! sick diy box!!!

2. if you dont mind me asking what did it cost you to make the box, minus the cost of lighting and fans ?

3. the entire box was under 300 with lights and fans.

4. Here are the photos from the Second 2 plants to come down.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Also I decided for my second round of plants im going to SCRoG. So ive started into that and this is what i have so far.

Flower: (About a week and 1/2)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Veg:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. Congrats on the harvest. Good thinking/building those reflectors also. I'm subbed for next run.

6. The 2 veg plants were looking a little rough after there transplant into the scrog pots..They have bounced back and had a nice growth spurt!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. UPDATE:
    Everything is moving along nicely the veg scrogs are filling out super well! and the flowering plant is Looking very pretty :D

Flower:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Veg:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Both Veg plants have since had there underbelly fan leaves removed for airflow and growth.

8. Wow, awesome job on the cabinet, hows the noise/smell? and just plywood and 2x4's for frame? wish I woulda seen this thread when it first started.

9. play wood and 2x1. No need for a 2x4. as far as noise go's there is a slight hum but its in a room with my fish tank and the canister filter from the tank is much louder then the cab. And there is no smell at all until i open the doors then i have to keep the room door closed or the house will stink, otherwise its in my spare bedroom and i have people sleep in there all the time and dont notice at all.

10. i am growing kali mist now and i couldn't imagine you growing it in a 40" height cab

11. I can pretty much grow any Hight plant i want. Its all about growth control. Now that im using the SCRoG high issues are completely irrelevant to me all the plants will be 2' now. The only thing that will change is the surface area of the screen used. ATM i can fit 3 pots in 1 room with the white Widow, I also have some cali mist seeds (as im assuming u read earlier hence the comment) I will more then likely only be able to fit 1 plant with a much larger screen surface area.

12. How much weight did you get off of the first set? Everything looks great. I'm planning on building my own box as soon as I get my seeds.

13. Was a little over 4 OZ's dry.

14. Fantastic grow sir! Your box looks amazing! Love to do this someday

15. Thank you. and it was allot easier then you would think it is.

16. What are the deminsions of one of the rooms?How much would it cost to build just the box and only one room?Also what would I need to do so?

If you could help thatd be great.

17. The box consists of 2 - 2 x 2 x 4 Rooms and a 4 x 2 x 2 storage area at the top.

The total cost of the box was 300-350$.

To build just one room you could probably cut the cost right in half based on what kinda light n ventilation you use. Also the only materials you need to build the box are:

Ply wood
    MDF sheet (to create the floating floor for negative pressure)
    2x1
    Deck screws of a couple lengths (some to go into ply wood then 2x1 and some to go threw a 2x1 into another 2x1.)
    White chalking (MUST BE WHITE)
    Panda Film / Mylar
    Ventilation
    Fans

Those would be your major parts excluding lighting b/c i dono what kinda lights your gonna use an so forth.

18. Could you explain the floating floor thing?

19. i second that!

20. i Have holes in the floor of the box for intake. So to stop light leaks inward and outward i used the 2x1 to frame the rooms then used MDF board to create the secondary floor. Ill take picture tommorow to show you its kinda hard to explain.