DIY glass milkbottle bong (Pics)

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by Mister Meaner, Aug 10, 2010.

1. I have wanted a nicer homemade bong for a while now. Something fun to smoke from and a nice one of a kind sort of thing. When I saw this bottle I knew it had to happen. It took a little over an hour to drill and grind the hole but it fits almost perfectly. I might seal it up a bit with some paraffin or beeswax. The thick glass and wide mouth are perfect! I will try to post a milk shot as soon as I get a chance to hit it.
    So what do you think GC???
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. I think I like that bowl, and what did you use to cut the hole? I've tried dremels but I failed even with a glass cutter tip

3. I started it with a tile bit in a cordless drill. Then I angled it and shaped it with a cone shaped grinding bit for metal. I used an old file to shape the cone bit to better match the shape of the downstem. Dremels are too fast IMHO and create too much heat. The drill is slower, and I spray water on it every few seconds to cool it.

4. Looks like it'll get the job done perfectly! I would move the downstem out a little, just so the end isn't as close to the inside glass wall. You'll get slightly better diffusion that way.

5. I would like to but the fit is too tight. The downstem has 6 cuts on it anyway so I think it will be fine.