Diy glass bong

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by creemart, Sep 23, 2012.

1. Did this by myself yesterday.

I used a 16mm glass diamond coated drill bit ($8.00 on ebay) and drilled into a big glass mango juice bottle ($5.00). i bought a diffused 14mm/14mm downstem on amazon for $16.50, and got a slide at my lhs for $13.50. Because the hole is bigger then the downstem i needed to add a piece of foam around the outside of the bottle to hold the downstem in place and to keep it from geting scratched by the hole in the bottle.

Its a really good bong for it being made at home and its smooth too. Only problem is that sometimes theres a lot of drag and its hard to clear, but taking water out usually solves the problem.

--ill upload more pics later with the foam on it

---Pic without the foam---

Attached Files:

2. Hows it hit?

3. its really smooth the only problem is sometimes its really hard to pull

4. So basically if u went to gogopipes u coulda got a 11 in beaker w a perc

5. what the fuck ? the downstem isnt even sealed

i would never pay $42 for that

6. lmao that picture wasnt when i was blazing it that was just a quick shot of all the components. I use a piece of foam that goes in between the bottle and the downstem to seal it. could also just use a piece of electrical tape but i wouldnt want it to look bad

7. so i checked gogopipes, and that product doesnt exist. cheapest bong there on par with mine would be like $30 and thats without the 15-20 shipping costs. all the cheap bongs are like 8 inches max and mine is like 15 inches. Also, with everything i bought to make this bong, i can just throw away the glass bottle used for the chamber, and keep making new ones that are bigger and more complex for next to nothing. This was just my first try ;)

8. Dude no offense but with all that money you coulda bought China glass at least...

9. For all those haters out there, this is a "DIY" thread not a "what do you think of my purchase" thread.

10. What the fuck's up with everyone? It's his money, and he chose to make a bong rather than buy one :confused: Pretty creative imo. Anyway, nice bong OP :smoke:

11. Yea whats up with the haters i think its pretty damn satisfying hittin a piece u made urself especially if its glass

12. I think it would be satisfying hitting a piece you made on a torch. I don't think the same about a glass bottle you drilled a hole in. You can make a much better DIY bong if you used something other than a simple glass bottle. Here is a idea buy some Mason jars and tubing. With those you can make a multi chamber DIY bong. I'm not hating I think it's great to make pieces yourself at home I do it all the time. But drilling a hole in a bottle and sticking a downstem in it is hardly a DIY project.

13. thanks bro

14. i feel like the point of this that everyone is missing is that i essentially spent $30 on a nice bowl and downstem that i can make a bong out of ANY glass item with. I drank that juice that was in the bottle so its not like i actually used that money to build the bong, and the same thing with the glass drill bit. theres no reason that one shouldnt be apart of the average drill bit set, and i plan on using it time and time again....