DIY CO2 generator

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself' started by new_grower123, Aug 21, 2010.

1. material
    -milk jug
    -2 cup of sugar
    -1/2 cup apple juice
    -water
    -bakers yeast
    -hose

first take the lid off the milk jug, cut a hole in it so the hose will fit in the lid snuggly. i hang the hose above the plants because CO2 is hevier than air. ok put the sugar in jug and add the juice. then add warm water ao the jug is fill about half way. make sure you use warm or hot water because heat activates yeast. then add 1 or 2 bags of yeast, its up to you to how much you wamt to add. put the lid on and ther eya go, tell me what you think

2. Simple yet functional, in fact, its so simple, you could have your own within a few minutes after reading this diy, and its likely that most people have all those things at home already, the only thing I dont know for sure I have is the yeast.

3. awesome but is there anyway to calculate how much CO2 is coming out? and why not just let Dry Ice slowly melt in your grow space

4. yeah you can do it wit apple cider and drink it

5. I have seen a few plans like this for CO2 generation. They will not generate a measurable amount of CO2. It might give you the same amount of gas that is held in a few 2l bottles of root beer. In the long run it is easier and more effective to set up a paintball canister rig.

6. Yep! Iv'e done similer, but with vinigar and baking soda, watering the plants each day ..but more testing to be done, how much per sq. foot etc

7. I use a 2 liter bottle, 25' of aquarium hose with holes punched every 1/2" and run into the bottle through the lid and sealed with silicone. 2 cups sugar, 2 tsp yeast, and 3/4 bottle warm water, shake well and hang hose above and through plants. I realize that the output isn't great, but stick the hose into water and see what you think, then judge for yourself. I figure ANY extra co2 is better than none. I'm interested in the apple juice. Makes sense. I was afraid to put too much sugar and yeast in cause I didn't want an ethyl alcohol(that's the liquid by-product and can be flammable!) bomb in with my ladies. Make sure to kink off the end of your hose so you force the co2 to exit through the pinholes in your hose. Needs to be replaced about every two weeks.:wave:

8. i do all this and make my own beer in the same room as my plants and i can never see any difference i have 3 2ltr bottles made up always fermenting closet grow only small and how can u tell if it works iv been doing this for bout 4 months?

9. if you want to know if its working, attach a small tube to the bottle lid, and put the other end of the hose under water, if it bubbles it is working, it may take a little bit to bubbles and it wont be like alot of bottles and they wont be steady bubbles

10. dude i use 5 gallon watter jugs with plugs with s traps and fill jugs with 17 lbs of sugar and a package of turbo yeast and lit it go for about 7 days then poor it into my still and i have the best moonshine you can drink--no shit try it you will like it
    [​IMG]
    Turbo Pure 48
    by Gert Strand AB
    [​IMG]
    Extremely fast, pure fermentation to 18%.
    Discount on 25 and 50 pack!
    Discount will show at checkout

$4.49
    Moonshine Still & Home Distillation Supplies from Brewhaus

11. I was thinking of incorporating this into my growroom, do you know if it would be beneficial to use a small aquarium air pump with the hose going into the jug/bucket to mix the ingredients up? Does fresh air/oxygen screw up the fermentation process? Could this increase the CO2 output? I could hook the air pump on a timer to only come on a couple of times a day for a few minutes each time (or a couple of times a week if that's to much).