DIY Cloning/Sexing lamp!

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by Sc00byD00bie, Jun 10, 2019.

1. Basically this is two quarters of a qb288v2 (3000k) that I mounted on some leftover angle beams, and one qb3 FR strip in the middle. The FR is to help with sexing clones and for when I do mini solo cup seed runs. The main board is running on a meanwell APC-25-500 (25W 500mA) hopefully that will be soft enough for cloning with.

IMG_4985.jpg IMG_4987.jpg

It aint pretty and I know its a bit crooked, not OCD enough to drill new holes to fix it :bolt:

IMG_4992.jpg IMG_4993.jpg
    IMG_4988.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  2. Nice use of space parts!

• Like Like x 1
  3. Why would you need to sex clones?

FR help with rooting? I have some FR pucks that I am not sure what to do with since I’m not flowering with that setup anymore. Wondering if there is a way to use them in veg?

4. I grow regular (non feminized) plants so sexing clones allows me to find out the sex of a plant, which I keep a s mother and only flower clones from.
    The FR is just for sexing clones and for flowering seed runs (I do a mini seed run in my cloning chamber with clones in nursery pots).
    I don’t use it for veg.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Got ya. Your mothers don’t show sex before clones?

• Like Like x 1
  6. Rarely

Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, MY opinion, man.

7. lol what?

Anyways that’s cool tho. I like it, just surprised mothers don’t show sex before clones.

• Like Like x 1
  8. From all the moms i kept only a couple would throw preflowers under 18/6 most wouldn’t.

Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, MY opinion, man.