DIY | CFL Light Fixture

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Herbage, Apr 25, 2011.

1. Okay, So I'm doing my own little DIY project and to help anyone with a small budget.. As you see in the picture below I'm making a regular plug-in light that you can have as many as your surge cord can hold. So I'm planning on taking each head off that once used fan/light. But you can use pretty much anything that has a removable head. Once all is separated You can cut the wires on the head down to an inch long. So that it will look like THIS Then you will want to get a outlet cord. (must be copper wire) Cut it down to as short as you can get it with out damaging it. (as seen in bottom left of photo) Now strip the wired on the light head and connect one wire from head to cord and other wire from head to other wired on cord. You can use Electrical tape to tape them up but I'm using them caps cause I'm out. Make sure you tape it with the electrical tape all the way up to the top. After that just take some duck tape and wrap some around it to make it stronger so it wont bend easily. Once you have all your outlets on your surge cord filled up with lights you can tape them together so now are falling on your plants. I haven't finished mine yet but once i do I will post a pic. Got any concerns, advice, suggestions, etc. Post them here.
    Thanks, Herbage. :smoke::smoke::smoke::smoke::smoke: Stay smokin
    [​IMG]

2. Holy shit, Herbie. What are you doing? I thought you said you were an electrician...

3. dude, you know you can go to home depot and pick up outlet-to-light adapters for like $1 each

4. I don't see a smoke detector laying in the pile.

5. wasnt me that said i was an electrician it was that other guy. i only no a little bit. we dont got home depot in my town only lowes.

6. Don't do actual fixtures, you've got it correct with the multi-outlet adapter.