diy carbon filter?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by TATtheHOOD, Feb 19, 2013.

1. Anyone know of an inexpensive way to make a carbon filter. My plant are starting to stink and my carbon filter won't be delivered till next week. And I live pretty close to the neighbors. Lol. So I would love to know if anyone has ever found a cheap and effective way to make one.

2. :bump:

3. Really? No one wants to help me out?

4. Diy filters only work maybe 10-15% as good as a proper brand name filter...no worth the effort if you have one coming. An Ona bucket or some ONA concentrate in a humidifier will work wonders until your filter arrives. I use ona even with my filter for an extra barrier, works great

5. Where can I get ONA?

6. Any hydro shop has it

7. Sweet ill check with my local flow n gro then. I appreciate it

8. No worries. Go for the linen scent ONA concentrate. Stuff isnt cheap ($45-50) but is a miracle worker and will last forever. There are tutorials on here for building an oNa bucket which is cheap and very effective. I found that dumping a few tablespoons into the reservoir of a humidifier worked wonders.....the whole house smelled like fresh laundry in less than 5 minutes. The stuff is a life saver....especially in late flower when a filter struggles to eliminate all the smell

9. Sew up one of those wipe thing you use to clean plates with (I forget what they're called) so it opens on one side, fill with activated carbon, sew up and bob's your uncle.
    You can buy some activated carbon from a fish supply shop.

10. Man I've heard about this method but I haven't heard anyone say it actually works

11. I read that it works like a charm, haven't tried it myself though.

12. Doesnt work. I tried carbon DIY, and nothing compares to store bought. Plenty of areas of growing to save money on, but security isn't one of them. Nothing compares to a good brand name store-bought filter.

13. If your shop has it, ona concentrate mixed at 1/4 cup per gallon of water works great as a spray. You can run it in a humidifier for a constant air Freshener. If you gonna grow pot, get some ona. The stuff kills anything you can get at the grocery store.