DIY Bong

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by whatanoob, Aug 30, 2013.

1. I'm thinkin about making a classy looking bong out of an older style 1 gallon jar with the thumb hole towards the top and a polished copper stem. The copper stem will be in 3 sections, 2 in a slight bent angle and 1 bigger section on top, almost looking like a smokestack. Then I'm going to find a glass bowl to fit inside the copper tubes. 

What are your thoughts? Yay or Nay? 

2. I might be incorrect, and I'm sure someone will correct me if that's the case, but don't use copper. It can let off harmful fumes from what I've heard

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. I read about it as well but hear me out:

I will have a glass bowl that will be holding the bud. Then I plan on painting the inside of the copper pipes with heat resistant paint. 

My thinking is most copper pipes are used for water transportation throughout houses, hot & cold. So if they are safe for heated drinking water, with some modifications it can be a safe but effective smoking utensil? 

4. No.... do not put paint on the inside of a bong...

5. Not even a waterproof type? 

6. I personally wouldn't. With all the work you're going through why not just get different piping?

7. Well these are the spare pipes and parts I have lying around the house. If I could make a sweet looking bong for free that would be awesome. Along with the fact I cannot smoke for 1-2 months after my tonsil surgery I have plenty of time to figure out a way to make this work. 

8. Why don't you use a glass tube instead of a copper one?

9. I would never use copper or paint on a day even in my high school days heard you can get lock jaw from that shit and it always scared the fuck outta me.
    1-2 months.... um save up for a nice glass bong

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Grasscity Forum mobile app

10. Good, that means you have plenty of time to realize it's a bad idea and buy something safe. 

11. I just wanted to make a home made bong that looked sick and nobody has ever seen before. If I can find glass that can fit inside the copper pipes that would be perfect. I'm going to stick with the copper pipes just because it can have a classy "old fashion" look, but I'll try and find a safer alternative to make a smoking utensil of it.