Diversion Program

Discussion in 'General' started by PinkFloyd24, Mar 11, 2011.

1. I am 18 and may be going under the Diversion Program. My first offense with 1/2 gram and paraphernalia. So...

1) My biggest concern, is there anything I can do to keep my name out of the newspapers?

2) Or, since I am going into Diversion to get it off my record, will they even publish it? (I will need to do community service but it won't be officially off my record until I've finished the program)

Thanks for any help. hopefully someone can fill me in who has went through what I am.

2. Man...I never got my name in a newspaper for criminal shit, damn, now I feel like I'm missing out on some much needed publicity.

3. It actually sucks. I don't want anyone to know

4. Also, how many hours can I expect? I cooperated completely and don't even have a speeding ticket

5. Diversion programs typically last months to years as far as I know. I wouldn't think they would bother to put it in the newspaper, but if your paper has some pathetic part that goes through all the arrests for the previous day or some shit it might.

From what I hear though...Diversion is really a terrible choice.

6. But Diversion is the only way to get it off my record... And i will do anything to get that off my record. I'm young and have my whole life ahead of me. I don't wanna have to worry about putting that on my applications

7. #7 Philosiraptor, Mar 12, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 12, 2011
    They don't put your name in the paper. They might have a little story about you though.

I did diversion and it was only a handful of meetings and I got all of the stuff off my record

a Judge will probably make you do some program so if you do it beforehand you can probably get the stuff expunged from your record and plus you won't have to do the program later

8. Considering the medical marijuana movement it really isn't that bad to have on your record, unless you are like me and manage to get that, consumption of liquor by minor, possession of liquor by minor, trespassing, and vandalism...You should be fine.

9. How old were you at the time though

10. Still, I live in Kentucky. It isn't very socially accepted here as it is just about everywhere else in the United States

11. 19

I've gotten everything off my record that I have ever done by working the lawyers/judge in court

12. Was your name in the paper that you can remember?

13. They do not put your name in the papers for 1/2 a gram... dont worry dude you freaking out for no reason.

14. Regardless of how much I Had, It's still marijuana possession. Also, I had paraphernalia

15. A lot of small papers print all the public information chit. At this point you are the only one that can provide an educated guess. :smoke:

16. I guess it would make sense that since there is no court date, that you can't admit or be found guilty of anything... Therefore, no charge is officially placed
    ...At least until one meets with the Diversion officer. As I have been through the Diversion process before (as a minor), you have to admit you are guilty in order to go through the process.