disturbing dreams

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by POTSTYLZ, Nov 12, 2004.

1. well city,

for the last few nights I have been having some really disturbing dreams. dreams that leave me depressed for days on end, and have me acting crazy. my mind is going apeshit and i dont know what to do. I figured I would post it in this forum because im a believer in dreams being part of a great philosophy. but some of the these dreams really really disturb me and I would like the city's help on what I should do, as to sleep better or at least rid myself of these terrible dreams.

2. that's a very wide question ...

there are techniques to take control of your dreams
    there are techniques to /not remmber/ your dreams
    there are techniques to sleep without REM phase (no dreaming)
    there are thchniques to /enhance/ dreaming...

etc etcc...

+++

to take control of your dream :

look at your hands.

no i'm not joking. our hands, as humans, are the first of our atributes that we developped, before speach, et al.
    we use them every day every second without thinking about it ,but they are a powerfull extension of us.

in a dream you have to options:
    bring your hands into you POV (mainly by raising your arms)
    change your POV to see your hands (mainly by looking at them)

they are VERY different:

when you bring your hands into your POV, you cease the current action; whereas when you look down at your hands, you also take a look at what you're doing.

++

during the day, each time you feel bad about the dream, look at your hands, and try to rember other sensations from the dream (touch, smell...)
    there is no need to succed, just do it.

one other thing, if U are a regular smoker, try to not smoke several hours before going to bed, and tireing your body to the max (run, lift steel, ride a bike, whatever).
    before going to sleep, rest your mind for at least 30mn on something that is well known to you and your subconsious. (a book you've already read, a movie you have seen several times).
    the trick is to lower you mind's activity before gonna sleep.
    falling asleep may seem harder, but once in REM, you will feel a major difference.
    the first one being your consious state of the fact that you're in REM ..

3. Far out man, have you done psychology or something? Thats a pretty impressive reply, and it actually sounds like it makes sense. :hello: