Distraction!

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by YEM, Jan 2, 2011.

1. Hey, now that I have your attention superfluously, take a couple deep breaths and try to anchor your mind in your body. Feel the energies travel from your head to your pelvis and down to your feet and up again.

So.

What do you think all these distractions are distracting us from?
    Breathing and being mindful perhaps?

and
    What isn't a distraction?

2. The distractions are distracting us from the distracting nature of the ever-present distraction that is life and survival.

3. Is life really a ever-present distraction or is it our minds that make it so?

4. Consciousness becomes the distraction. An animal without self-awareness is distracted by very little other than pure survival and prolonging of lineage. While we may say humans do the same; why, then, do humans spend time doing things they find enjoyable that serve purely the purpose of distraction? With self-awareness comes the need for a distraction away from this self-awareness

Edit:
    I don't offer this as a truth to be accepted, but rather as an idea to be reflected upon. I figured you'd know that I just noticed the tone didn't much allow for it

5. But isn't consciousess/self-actualization the only real thing? Not self-awareness, but awareness of the All to which we are a part of?
    So wouldn't consciousness be the only thing to be really distracted from?

distractions meaningggg; materialism, greed, negativity?

6. a distraction from what exactly?

where the hell is this guide to human nature that everyone on this forum seems to have access to?

7. No distraction, nothing to be distracted from

8. I just took a couple of deep breathes... and tried to anchor my mind to my body.

It was a great feeling. Until I got distracted by the thoughts of replying this.

9. hahaha.