Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

distinguishing between indicia and sativa

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by grasstown, Mar 18, 2010.

1. How can you tell if your weed is indicia or sativa if you dont know the name of the strain or have no named bud.Also without reviewing the high from smoking it?

2. Good question. I wish I knew.

3. structures of the buds. fat buds = mostly indica. sativas are tall and skinny. indicas are short and sativas are tall. i could make a comparison chart but im too busy lol

4. Experience. I indicas are short compact buds, while indicas are long and fluffy.

The high of an indica will make you sink into your couch, while a satvia will make you cracked out and make up run around.

There are many hybid strains out there now so it gets harder to tell from sight.

Evil

5. You can tell by the type of high you get after you've smoked/ate it. Generally Sativa is more of a 'heady' high, when you'll find yourself thinking and talking about weird shit, laughing for no reason or finding something funny that you wouldn't usually, you'll also be more creative, you might even halucinate depending on the strain. Indica's are more of a body high, making you feel really relaxed, and usually kinda tired (this is usually apparent with both types of marijuana), the feeling when you don't have the energy to move anywhere.

I may be a little bit off but that's how I see it, but I know I'm right in saying Sativa = Head high - Indica = Body high.

Some strains are a cross between the both :smoking:

6. I've always wondered the same thing.

What?

7. Look at your bud, if the bud is short and compressed then it is an indica, but if the bud is longer and more fluffy it is sativa.

8. its hard unless you've just toked haha. i cant do it by eye. sativas definitely smell a bit different than indicas though, ive always thought indicas have a much thicker scent if that makes sense. more pungent i guess. although that could be because all the sativa i get is grown outdoors.

9. Pretty much sums up the difference betrween Indica and Sativa, Apart from Indica's generally take 8-9 week flower, Sativa's usually 11-12 weeks (13 weeks sometimes, but this is rare)

10. Sativa leaves are long and skinny and the plant its self is tall.
    Indica is short and stubby, and the plant its self is short.