Distilled water

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by FireMonkey, Sep 11, 2007.

1. Should i be using distilled water to water my 8-10 day old plants?

2. Depends on what you got for tap water. In many places tap water is fine, especially if you filter it first.

3. I think if you test the distilled water you will find its a bit more acidic(avg 6.0 to 6.2 in some cases i have gotten distilled as low as 5.7) i think tap water is a bit harder in most places especially if you draw from a well.My tap water(well) is right at 7. Be careful with public water as you wanna let the chlorine and other additives evaporate off.(let public tap water sit out for 24 to 36 hours) If you can collect rainwater efficiently then do so.Remember the medium too.In soil plants like the harder water(Maybe i have just been lucky with them)whereas hydro you wanna run in the 5.8 to 6.2 range i believe.Always test your water before use tho.(Get a cheap ph fish kit at walmart, the three drip kind) Watch your plants after you water them for signs of lockup.I gave my 1ft tall pure distilled and all the leaves went into the claw within the hour.After a flush with regular tap water she came right back within the day.I gave her the distilled when she was thirsty to which might have caused such a quick reaction.I use the distilled for foliar feeding tho..They really like that.You may have a different scenario tho.So #1 is check your water and #2 is watch your plants(they are alive you know)

4. Yes, forgot to mention to let tapwater, even filtered, sit in an open container for 24 hours to let the chlorine evaporate.