Distillate Dilution? my thc distillate is too strong

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by dewannawonga, Apr 4, 2018.

1. So if anyone could help me with this question. I have thc distillate (for vaping) that is far to strong. Can I add CBD vape oil to the thc distillate or any other vape oil to dilute the insanely strong concentrate? i would prefer if i could add the pure CBD extract in but dont know if this will work? will the thc distillate separate or will they mix uniformly if stirred enough?

• Like Like x 1
  2. #2 FloaterDork, Apr 6, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2018
    If it’s pure THC distillate, I buy it in crystal form personally. And while I have used it by itself a few times, it has no terpene profile of its own, so the high, while intense, is, different. I use it solely for dipping other dabs into, and sometimes I’ll throw some on a bowl in a vape.

As far as adding CBD goes, CBD is a THC agonist. This means that the more CBD present, the less you’re going to feel THC. So you’re definitely playing with fire, at least if you bought it with the intent of getting baked. If you add too much, it won’t be half as potent as it is now. I would consider diluting it with some lower percentage oil.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

3. How are you using the distillate??

4. It is thc distillate with added terpenes. Thanks though!

5. Going to vape it.

6. I'm sure that mixing lower potentcy oils will dilute it at least fairly well. They may not mix great but the same size glob will have less thc than before for sure. My first thought was just to use less distillate per session

• Like Like x 1
  7. Yeah you got to be careful, that stuff is dangerous! I dabbed too much on the way out the door for a 12 hr road trip and was too high for 4 hours, slept for 3 more and woke up still very much stoned. Lol good times

8. When I started 60% cartridges it was so painfully strong I had to quit smoking cigarettes if I wanted to vape this. I am so glad i quit! Now I can handle most 80% cartridges with a simple throat clearing noise.

9. Super late, but the Terpene Store has a liquifer that is pure, unscented terps, specifically made to thin distillate for vape pens, it would work without lowering potency significantly.

10. live resin carts are more Terps at the cost of having a lower THC%
    20190329_195024.jpg 20190329_194756.jpg